Lets get the week off to a sweet start with Chocolate Plum Clafoutis.
This recipe comes from Donna Hay’s beautiful Seasons cookbook. Which is quickly becoming my go to cookbook when I’m looking for inspiration. It showcases the best of Donna Hay magazine, and is probably the most visually stunning cookbook I own. I think due to the beautiful location shoots which really evoke each season featured in the book. I love nothing better than sitting down and flipping through Seasons, sipping a cup of tea and letting the inspiration wash over me.
I love that her recipes are uncomplicated and enable a family to make a delicious meal quickly, because time is a luxury that not everyone has these days.
For my overseas visitors, who may not have heard of Donna Hay, she could be considered the Australian Martha Stewart, minus the craft and gardening. Donna started her career as a food editor for Marie Claire magazine, where she quickly became known for her simple style driven approach to recipes.
Following her time at Marie Claire, in 2001, she launched her own bi-monthly magazine, Donna Hay. Her magazine and continual stream of delicious cookbooks have lead to international recognition, including in 2007 where she was named one of the ‘Magnificent Seven’ cookbook authors by the judges of the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards. Donna’s empire has since expanded to include homewares and this year she launched her first TV show which features recipes from her latest cookbook – Fast, Fresh & Simple.
Are you a fan of Donna Hay? What is your favourite Donna Hay cookbook?
Chocolate Plum Clafoutis
Recipe from Donna Hay Seasons
Makes 4 ramekins
- 50g plain (all purpose) flour, sifted
- 25g of cocoa, sifted
- 75g of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) of single (pouring) cream
- 175g of dark chocolate, chopped
- 20g of butter
- 6 plums, halved and stones removed
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (355 Fahrenheit).
- Place the flour, cocoa and sugar into a bowl. In a jug combine the eggs, cream and vanilla and whisk to combine before pouring into the bowl and whisking together.
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into small ramekins or a large baking dish. Top with the plums and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Like this recipe? Want more?
Subscribe and receive the latest recipes via email and your FREE guide to my vegetarian pantry essentials.