I made this salad when I made the zucchini fritters recently and served it with the fritters. I was going for a Greek themed dinner, and chose this salad as I know lemon and potato are a Greek favourite.
This salad certainly went down a treat, and is quite a change from the usual heavy cream based potato salads. Whilst as satisfying as a regular potato salad you aren’t left with that heavy feeling and as a result of the lemon you feel somewhat refreshed. This salad would be perfect for summer as part of a BBQ or picnic.
When I made this salad I used dill to tie it in with the fritters, however you could quite as easily use parsley.
Lemon Potato Salad
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
the juice from half a lemon
1 clove of garlic, grated
2 spring onions, sliced
1/4 cup of dill, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash the potatoes and cut into bite sized chunks.
2. Add potatoes to a pot and cover with cold water and boil until cooked through. Alternatively, do as I do, and use the microwave to speed things up. For this I boil the kettle and place the potatoes and boiling water and microwave until cooked.
3. Drain the potatoes in a colander.
4. In a bowl add the potatoes, spring onions and dill.
5. In a jug combine the olive oil, lemon juice, grated garlic and salt and pepper and whisk to combine well.
6. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and toss in the dressing well.