Regular readers will be aware of my love of mushrooms from the amount of mushroom recipes I’ve shared. There’s been a Mushroom Wellington, Mushroom Tarte Tatin, Mushroom and Caramelised Onion Polenta Squares, and Mushroom Spinach and Feta Pies. Today’s it’s Mushroom Spaghetti with Thyme.
The great thing about this mushroom spaghetti dish is that it’s so simple to put together. By the time the pasta is ready the sauce is made and it’s simply a matter of combining the two and topping with fresh thyme leaves and parmesan. This is the recipe to have on standby when you are too exhausted to cook but don’t want to resort to take out or something equally unhealthy.
This is a variation of Lemon Spaghetti, but with delicious mushrooms, thyme and spring onions. The only effort required is to boil some spaghetti, roughly chop some mushrooms, spring onions and garlic and combine with thyme, lemon zest and juice, and olive oil and whiz it all up in a food processor. Then toss over the hot spaghetti before adding some baby spinach leaves.
Simple huh? But delicious too! In fact, my fiance Troy, who when we first started living together 4 years ago admitted he didn’t like mushrooms, now regularly requests Mushroom Spaghetti for dinner.
What are your favourite quick and easy dinners?
- 350g of spaghetti
- 400g of mushrooms, roughly chopped
- juice and zest of 1 very large lemon or 2 small
- 200g of baby spinach
- 6 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- approximately 1 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 50g of parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the pasta according to the packet directions, and while the pasta is cooking assemble the sauce.
- Combine the mushrooms, spring onions, garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil and thyme leaves in the food processor and process until it forms a rough paste.
- Drain the pasta and top with the sauce and baby spinach and mix through. Cover with a lid and set aside for a few minutes to let the spinach wilt.
- Serve topped with extra parmesan and additional thyme leaves.