Raspberries. Cheesecake. Brownies. Mmmmmm. Individually delicious, but combined together in the form of Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies it’s a slice of chocolatey, creamy, tartly sweet heaven. Not the healthiest of treats, I’ll grant you that, but life is too short to not indulge now and again.
The recipe for these Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies comes from the superb delicious sweet collection from delicious magazine. With Christmas soon upon us I thought the collection of delicious indulgent recipes contained in sweet would be invaluable, so added it to my ever expanding collection.
delicious sweet is a compilation of the best sweet recipes featured in delicious magazine. It organises the recipes into chapters on chocolate, crepes and pancakes, cakes, meringues, tarts, cheesecakes, warm puddings, slices, small cakes, junior cooks, chilled desserts, ice cream and basics. Not only are the recipes droolworthy, but the photography is the icing on the cake. This is the perfect gift for a sweet toothed cook, like me, without the hefty price tag of most cookbooks.
I’ve been thinking about cookbooks and Christmas gift lists in the last few weeks, as I’ve been asked what I want for Christmas quite a few times. It’s quite funny to think that almost my entire wishlist is filled with cookbooks. Very different from previous years. The problem has been narrowing down the list. My wishlist includes Nigella Kitchen, The French Laundry Cookbook by Thomas Keller, Dessert Fourplay by Johnny Iuzzini, Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi, Baking by Dorie Greenspan, Paris Sweets by Dorie Greenspan, Kitchen Diaries by Nigel Slater and Tender Volume 1 by Nigel Slater. There are just so many fabulous cookbooks out there it’s hard to narrow things down. I think a visit to a bookstore might be in order so I can flick through each of these books and decide which I really like.
So, what is on your Christmas Cookbook wishlist?
- BROWNIE BASE:
- 200g of good quality dark chocolate, chopped - I used Lindt 70% cocoa
- 200g of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 250g of caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup of plain flour, sifted
- CHEESECAKE TOPPING:
- 150g of caster sugar
- 400g of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of good quality vanilla extract
- 125g of raspberries (frozen are fine)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius and grease and line a 20cm x 30cm pan and line with baking paper.
- Place the chocolate into a microwave proof jug and microwave in 20 second bursts until just melted. Stir until the remaining chocolate melts and set aside to cool.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment fitted, beat the butter and sugar for the brownie base until pale and thick.
- Add the eggs to the brownie base, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and then fold through the sifted flour.
- Pour ¾ of the brownie base into the prepared pan. Reserve the remaining mixture.
- In a seperate mixing bowl, prepare the cheesecake topping. Beat the cream cheese, vanilla extract, sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Spread the cheesecake topping over the brownie base. Dollop the reserved brownie mixture on top of the cheesecake base and swirl through with a fork.
- Sprinkle with the raspberries, pushing the raspberries into the cheesecake topping.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Like this recipe? Want more?
Subscribe and receive the latest recipes via email and your FREE guide to my vegetarian pantry essentials.