A lot of people are put off making risotto because of the time and complexity involved. I have found it so easy to cook risotto in the rice cooker as opposed to standing over the stove top for 30 minutes and it tastes just as good. Give it a try.
500g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
1 rice cooker cup aborio rice
1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 stalks of celery chopped finely
1/3 cup fresh sage chopped finely
1/2 cup grated parmasen
1 tbs olive oil
1. Turn rice cooker onto cook and oil into bottom of pan to heat. When warmed add the chopped onion and celery and cook until softened.
2. Add sage and pumpkin and turn on to cook. Don’t worry if rice cooker goes into warm mode just keep cooking the pumpkin until softened.
3. Stir in the rice and heat through until rice starts to go transparent.
4. Add stock and stir through and switch on cook mode.
5. Check every so often and stir to ensure nothing sticks to the bottom.
6. When cooker switches to warm mode all the stock has been absorbed. Stir through grated parmasen and serve with more grated parmasen.
1. Try stirring through some honey when cooking the pumpkin
2. Add some peas along with pumpkin
3. Stir through some rocket at the end when adding parmasen