Recently we stopped into a Strawberry Farm to pick up some fresh, delicious and plump strawberries. The berries were so beautiful I just knew I had to find a way to use them. So I came up with this roasted strawberry, vanilla and white chocolate cheesecake.
For this cheesecake the strawberries are roasted with a little sugar and a split vanilla bean and then mixed with 3/4’s of the cheesecake mixture and the remaining quarter is mixed with melted white chocolate, forming the top of the cheesecake. Even better, this cheesecake is low in fat, thanks to the use of low fat ricotta in place of cream cheese.
When I made this cheesecake recently, I sent it into my fiancé’s work and he came home with rave reviews. Apparently one of his workmates could not stop raving about it, which put a huge smile on my face. Doesn’t it make you feel good when you hear people enjoy your cooking?
2 hr, 45 Cook Time
2 hr, 45 Total Time
- 4 cups non-fat/low fat cottage cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 3 tablespoons plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 500g of strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 150g of white chocolate
- 10 Arnotts Wheaten Biscuits
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 6 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 220 Celsius (425 Fahrenheit) and line a roasting pan with baking paper. Toss the strawberries with the granulated sugar and vanilla bean and then spread onto the baking paper and roast for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For the base - Reduce the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit). In a food add the biscuits and process until they form small crumbs. Pour into a bowl and combine with the caster sugar and melted butter. Pour the base into a greased 25cm springform pan and press the mixture using a glass or coffee cup to form a flat base. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce the oven to 165 Celsius (325 Fahrenheit). In a food processor, combine cottage cheese, eggs, icing sugar, flour, and vanilla seeds and extract and process until smooth,scraping down sides as needed.
- Remove 2 cups of the cheesecake mixture and place in a small bowl. Melt the white chocolate and combine with the 2 cups of cheesecake mixture.
- Add the roasted strawberries to the mixture in the food processor and process to combine. Pour the mixture into the cheesecake base. Top this with the white chocolate mixture by carefully spooning the white chocolate cheesecake mix on top.
- Wrap the springform pan in foil and place in a roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with hot tap water until it comes half way up the side of the springform pan. Bake until set, around 2 hours and 15 minutes. Set aside to cool and then refrigerate overnight before serving.