I hope you all enjoyed the Pavlova blog hop from last month. It was wonderful to see so many different interpretations of this Australian classic dessert. In the end we received 36 pavlova submissions from bloggers all around the world. If you missed them or my delicious Black Forest Pavlova you can check them out here. Warning, it may induce a sugar coma!
The event was a roaring success, so much so that we’ve decided to do it again, in fact it will now be a monthly event, with a different theme being featured each month. This month, it’s Festive Favourites. So, if you are a food blogger get your thinking hats on and get cooking or if you are a reader get ready to salivate over the amazing festive treats that will be unveiled on December 19.
This month JJ from 84th & 3rd will act as host for the Festive Favourites event. For this event we wanted to include everyone, no matter their background or faith so feel free to submit your favourite festive dessert. It’s all about sharing the sugar love, so get your cookbooks out, or your Grandmothers old recipe and get cooking, and photographing your favourite festive dessert.
What is a blog hop?
A blog hop is sometimes also called a link up. Bloggers visit the host blog and link up their blog posts. Once they have linked their post on the hosts blog they then receive instructions on placing the blog hop code on their blog. Once the code has been added visitors to the blog can view thumbnail images of submissions from other bloggers and click on the thumbnail image that interests them and hop from blog to blog.
How will the Sweet Adventures Festive Favourites Blog Hop work?
- On Monday 19 December 2011 AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time), publish your festive dessert post on your own blog.
- Visit the host blog – 84th & 3rd – and link-up your post on her Festive Favourites Hop page by following the instructions at the end of the post.
- Grab the link-up code to place back on your blog post (where possible). Note, WordPress.com bloggers should link to the Festive Feasts Post on 84th & 3rd as you will not be able to paste the blog hop code into your blog post. The code will create a gallery of all the other linked up posts and will let visitors hop from blog to blog to drool over the creations.
- Grab the Sweet Adventures logo for the month and place it in your post. Link it to the hostess’ post.
- Tell your Twitter and Facebooks followers about your participation in the blog hop. When posting on Twitter please use the #SABH hashtag.
- Check out all the other fabulous festive desserts and try not to drool.
- The blog hop will remain open to new link-ups for a week and a day, until 11:59pm on Monday 26 December 2011 AEST. Don’t worry, you can still hop around to the other entrants after that.
- Please link-up new posts only (i.e. posts dated on or after December 19. Previously published posts are not eligible to join this hop).
- Please publish your post on or after December 19.
Like this recipe? Want more?
Subscribe and receive the latest recipes via email and your FREE guide to my vegetarian pantry essentials.