Do you love High Tea? Then you have to join us for this months Sweet Adventures Blog Hop because this months theme is High Tea!
Traditionally High Tea, also referred to as Afternoon Tea, is a small meal served between 3 and 5pm which originated in England in the 1840’s. A modern day High Tea consists of sandwiches, scones, small cakes and pastries along with the requisite cup of tea or coffee, and even perhaps a glass of champagne or Pimms!
I adore High Tea, not only because I’m an avid tea drinker, but because it’s a wonderful excuse to sample lots of different little cakes and pastries. My idea of heaven!! So given my love of High Tea, and the fact I’m hosting this months Sweet Adventures Blog Hop I thought I’d combine the two. It also gives you the opportunity to be as creative as you like given there is no set ingredient.
Have an amazing never fail scone recipe? Show us. Got a killer chocolate cake in your repertoire that you roll out whenever guests come over? We want to see it….and drool over it. If pastry is more your thing wow us with your beautiful fruit tarts. Perhaps cupcakes are more your thing? Then wow us with your delectable cupcakes. With this theme you can run wild.
So why not join us in the fun blog hop event and make some new friends along the way!
The blog hop will open for link-up 9am Monday 15 October 2012 – Australian Eastern Standard Time [AEST: Sydney] and will remain open for a week and a day until 11:59pm Monday 22 October 2012 AEST.
Regardless of whether you are a new or experienced food blogger join in the fun and make some passionate food friends along the way. Share your best, favourite or most interesting afternoon tea dish with us.
- SABH is a monthly dessert link-up. Each month there is a new theme. This months theme is, High Tea!
- The theme for the month will be announced on the 1st Monday of each month.
- The link-up will open for entries on the 3rd Monday of each month at 9am Australian Eastern Time (AEDT, Sydney Australia).
- The link-up will close on the 4th Monday of each month at 11:59pm AEDT.
- This blog hop is open to anyone who blogs about food regardless of your geographic location (although we are located in Australia we love it when overseas bloggers join us) or blogging or cooking experience. If you are a new blogger why not join the fun!
- SABH is brought to you by your hostesses – Delicious Everyday, 84th & 3rd, The Hungry Australian, Dining With a Stud, and The Capers of the Kitchen Crusader.
- Each blog can submit one entry per month.
- Please only link-up new posts published on or after the link-up goes live each month. Old posts will not be accepted.
- The linked-up post must contain a dessert with fitting the specified theme for the month.
- You must include a link to the hostess in your blog hop submission and the words ‘Sweet Adventures Blog Hop – High Tea’.
- You must include the Blog Hop Badge (see below) in your blog hop submission. To download the badge click on the image, which will display the image in a blank page and then right click and save as.
Like this recipe? Want more?
Subscribe and receive the latest recipes via email and your FREE guide to my vegetarian pantry essentials.