This easy to throw together vegan Artichoke Salad is a wonderful fresh and light lunch that can be thrown together in 10 minutes.
This artichoke salad is one of my favourite go-to salads on those days where I want something healthy and delicious, but don’t feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
With a couple of pantry staples, namely a jar of marinated artichokes and a tin of chickpeas, lunch is only a few minutes away.
I’ve used watercress here, which is one of my all time favourite salad greens, however you could just as easily sub in rocket (arugala), baby spinch or baby kale.
Artichoke salad with watercress, almonds and lemon mustard vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber
- 3 spring onions
- 2 cups watercress or your favourite salad greens
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds lightly toasted
- LEMON MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl. Thinly slice the spring onions and cucumber. Quarter the artichoke hearts and add to the chickpeas along with the spring onions and cucumber. Add the watercress and toss well to combine.
- Make the vinaigrette by placing all of the ingredients in a jar and shaking well to emulsify. Taste and adjust the seasonings and necessary.
- Just before serving dress the salad. Begin by adding half the dressing and tossing the salad well, to coat. Add more, to taste. Finally, sprinkle with the toasted flaked almonds.