If you’re looking for an easy and quick cake, this Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake is the recipe for you! Crushed pineapple and maraschino cherries coat the bottom of this decadent pineapple cake. Top it with crushed walnuts or pecans for one unforgettable dessert recipe.
Eating vegan doesn’t mean the recipe has to be complicated and crazy. In fact, most of my favorite recipes are pretty easy to whip up. For example, you’ll love this Vegan Edible Cookie Dough, these Vegan Sugar Cookies, or these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. They’re just as easy and aren’t complicated in the slightest. In fact, you probably have the ingredients in your pantry for any of these recipes.
Doesn’t it feel amazing to be able to eat such a healthy and cruelty-free recipe without all the hassle? For me, it’s the epitome of the perfect recipe when I don’t have to jump through hoops to get the ingredients, then prepare it. If this kind of recipe is what you’re looking for, go ahead and give this Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake a whirl!
While you're here, don't forget to grab a copy of my free vegan toolkit. It's packed with my reader-favorite recipes, cheat sheets, and more.
How to Make Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- Prep - Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray nonstick spray on the cake pan.
- Add the fruit - Pour the pineapple in the bottom and add the cherries on top.
- Add the rest - Sprinkle the cake mix over the top evenly. Add the coconut and walnuts. Melt the butter and pour it over the top.
- Bake - Bake for 45 minutes. Allow to sit for about 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Storage - Store in the pantry, covered, for up to 3 days. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Reheating - Reheat in the microwave or toss in the oven until warmed through.
- Use your own cake mix - Use this Vegan Vanilla Cake recipe and use two cups of the uncooked mix instead of a boxed version.
- Use a yellow cake mix - If you can’t get your hands on a pineapple cake mix, use a yellow cake mix. It won’t have as strong of a pineapple flavor. However, you can always add pineapple juice to the mixture or pineapple extract.
- Use other nuts - If you want to use other nut options, that’s up to you. You can even nix the nuts altogether, if preferred.
- Use frosting - If you would like to attempt frosting instead, I would use a vegan whipped cream or very light frosting.
- Skip the toppings - You don’t have to put the coconut or walnuts on the top, if that’s what you prefer.
- Make the cake thicker - If you want a thicker cake, you can mix the cake mix up as the directions call on the box and then pour it over the top of the fruit. However, it won’t be a dump cake at that point, although still easy and yummy.
Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake FAQs
Can Dump Cake Be Frozen?
Dump cake can definitely be frozen. I would suggest putting it in an airtight container before freezing it. You’ll only want to freeze it for up to 2–3 months. I tend to not go beyond 2 months, but that’s a personal preference. You can either reheat it by tossing it into the oven or microwave. However, I like to let it thaw, then I use the oven to reheat it.
Can Dump Cake Be Made Ahead?
Dump cake is pretty easy all the way around, which is why it’s such a popular choice. You can definitely make it ahead of time. It doesn’t have to be in the fridge or freezer to keep either. You can prepare it a day or two in advance and just keep it covered well. It will do great coming from the fridge as well. You can just toss it into the oven for a few minutes before serving to warm it up.
If you decided to give this Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake a try, please let me know in the comments below or on social media!
Other Vegan Cake Recipes You Might Like:
- Easy Vegan Cheesecake
- Chocolate Quinoa Cake
- Vegan Carrot Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Vegan Vanilla Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe with Vegan Chocolate Ganache
While you're here, be sure to grab my free e-cookbook packed with reader favorite vegetarian recipes!
Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- 1 box pineapple or yellow cake mix
- 20 Ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 20 maraschino cherries de-stemmed
- 1 Cup shredded coconut
- 1 Cup butter
- ½ Cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9x13 cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour the crushed pineapple with the juice into the bottom of the cake pan and spread even.
- Evenly distribute the 20 cherries on top of the pineapple.
- Pour the cake mix over the top of the entire mixture, making sure it’s not thicker in one spot than any other.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with the coconut and walnuts.
- Melt the butter in the microwave until no lumps remain and then evenly drizzle it over the top of the entire mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the middle is no longer gooey.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
What Do You Think?