This cashew and coriander pesto is a delicious twist on traditional pesto. It's great tossed with your favorite pasta, served as a dip for veggies, or even drizzled over bruschetta. Yum!
Coriander (cilantro) and cashew pesto makes a nice change from the traditional basil and pine nut pesto.
This coriander pesto can be used to flavor soups (such as my carrot and coriander soup), as a dip for fresh veggies, on bruschetta, in a stir fry, as a dressing for some beautiful roast vegetables, or tossed with your favorite pasta.
You can vary the above recipe by adding any (or all) of the following ingredients for a fun, flavorful twist:
- Chili Pepper (for spice!)
- Lemon juice or zest
- Lime juice or zest
- Substituting the cashew nuts with hazelnuts
While you're here, don't forget to join the 5-Day Veggie Challenge. Sign up for FREE and you'll get 5 days of vegetarian freebies to take your cooking up a notch!
Cashew and Coriander Pesto
- Food Processor
- Place all the ingredients, except for the olive oil, in a food processor, and blitz until well combined.
- While the food processor is still running, add the olive oil a little at a time and blend, until the pesto reaches your desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.