This trendy Dalgona Whipped Coffee is all the rage right now. Here’s how to make this simple and delicious coffee drink in just a few minutes and with only three ingredients. And it’s easy to make a vegan version too!
If you’ve spent literally any time on the internet in the past few weeks, you’ve probably seen these beautiful coffee concoctions floating around.
The Dalgona Whipped Coffee has made it’s way into our breakfast routine, and I certainly can’t complain.
I’ll be honest, I love my morning Keurig coffee, but these fancy coffee drinks make me feel like I’m on vacation.
This tasty coffee drink was made popular in Southeast Asia. In fact, it’s a pretty common find all over Korea and India.
And as an iced coffee lover, I am so glad it found it’s way here!
This Dalgona Whipped Coffee is:
- Creamy and satisfying!
- Easy to make with just 3-ingredients (water doesn’t count!)
- Simple to make vegan – just use your favorite plant milk.
- Totally delicious.
- Perfect for pairing with a homemade buttermilk biscuit!
What’s in a Dalgona Whipped Coffee?
Not much! Dalgona coffee is simple to make with just water, sugar, milk, and instant coffee.
Make sure you grab a high-quality instant coffee to get the best results. I am not usually an instant coffee drinker, but found I really like these Starbucks Via Instant Coffee packets for this drink!
How to Make a Dalgona Coffee
It so simple! All you have to do is:
- Boil water.
- Whisk together sugar, instant coffee, and water.
- Fill a glass with ice and milk.
- Pour the coffee over the milk.
Scroll down for the detailed recipe with step-by-step instructions.
Can I make a Vegan Dalgona Coffee?
Yes! Just substitute your favorite plant-based milk for the regular milk.
Some vegan milk options that work really well are almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk. I used this almond milk to make mine!
You might also want to grab a copy of this free vegan cheat – packed with all my favorite plant based substitutions.
If you love this Dalgona Coffee, here are a few more tasty drinks you should check out!
Dalgona Whipped Coffee
- Add the sugar, instant coffee, and boiling water to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Note: It will seem like you should use a much smaller bowl, but the mixture increases in volume as you whisk.
- Whisk until the mixture lightens and has a thick, yogurt-like consistency.
- Add a generous amount of ice to a cup.
- Fill the cup up about three-fourths of the way with milk.
- Spoon the whipped coffee mixture onto the top, until the cup is nearly full. (The more whipped coffee you add, the richer your final drink will taste.)
- Stir with a straw until the milk and whipped coffee are almost fully combined.