A French Martini Cocktail is a delicious combination of fresh pineapple juice, Vodka, and Chambord liqueur.
Friday’s are wonderful things. They signal the end of the week as we welcome the weekend.
The weekend is a time to relax and enjoy before beginning the week all over again. So, to celebrate the weekend, I thought I would start a new series on Delicious Everyday to celebrate the Friday’s and the weekend, called Fun Friday’s.
For my first post for Fun Friday I wanted to share one of my favourite cocktails – a classic French Martini Cocktail with a twist. This is a drink my boyfriend often makes for me to celebrate the end of the week.
While I’m sure we’ve all heard of Martini’s, “shaken, not stirred” thanks to James Bond, you may not have heard of a French Martini.
Chambord is a delicious liqueur made from black raspberries, honey, vanilla and herbs. First produced in 1685, the liqueur was apparently introduced to Louis XIV during a visit to the Château de Chambord.
Chambord invented the French Martini cocktail, as part of a global advertising campaign for the liqueur. It was obviously successful, given the popularity of the drink today.
While the classic French Martini cocktail recipe is a simple combination of vodka, pineapple juice and Chambord I like using vanilla vodka which adds a wonderful depth.
Don’t have any vanilla vodka on hand? Simple split a vanilla bean and add the seeds from half of the vanilla bean to the cocktail shaker.
Place the leftover vanilla pods in vodka and leave to infuse for your own homemade vanilla vodka.
My French Martini with Vanilla infused Vodka
- 30 oz mls/1 Vanilla Vodka
- 30 oz mls/ 1 Chambord
- 45 oz mls/ 1.5 fresh pineapple juice
- In a cocktail shaker add the Vanilla Vodka, Chambord and pineapple juice along with a couple of cubes of ice. Shake vigorously. The vigorous shaking will froth the pineapple juice and give you a nice foamy topping to the cocktail.
- Strain into the martini glass and serve with a wedge of fresh pineapple or a couple of fresh raspberries.
- For comparison sake, I've included below Chambord's French Martini recipe. You might like to try both and let me know what you think 😉
The Classic French Martini
- 50 mL Finlandia® Vodka
- 15 mL Chambord Liqueur
- 100 mL Pineapple Juice
- Shake ingredients with ice and strain into martini glass.
- Garnish with raspberries.