This GLUTEN FREE Banana Cake Recipe is a gorgeous one bowl cake. This cake is quick and easy to make as your food processor does all the hard work!
According to my husband, this Gluten Free Banana Cake “is the shiz!”
When he said it several times, in between mouthfuls of cake, and then promptly put aside his empty plate informing me not to put it in the dishwasher because he was keeping it out to have more cake later, I knew he really liked it.
Then when he had his second piece later and asked me when I was making this cake again, as he made it clear this cake wouldn’t last long, I knew he really, really liked this banana cake. In fact, we both liked it so much I have another one in the oven now 🙂
In fact, we both liked it so much I have another one in the oven now 🙂
It’s good. Really good. What’s more, if you are on a gluten free diet this banana cake is a cake you can eat!
Really good. What’s more, if you are on a gluten free diet this banana cake is a cake you can eat!
What’s more, if you are on a gluten free diet this banana cake is a cake you can eat!
So what makes this recipe great?
- It is a fantastic way to use up an excess of bananas or overripe bananas.
- It’s easy!
- You only need one bowl!
- Your food processor does all the work.
- And it smells amazing while it is baking.
The finishing touch is a creamy cinnamon cream cheese frosting topped with salted honey roasted pecans.
So if you have some overripe bananas sitting on your kitchen bench make this easy banana cake today!
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to see! Share your photo on Instagram and use the hashtag #deliciouseveryday for a chance to be featured or share it on my Facebook page.
Want more delicious recipes?
Subscribe to the Delicious Everyday weekly newsletter. It’s FREE! As a subscriber bonus, I’ll also send you my guide to pantry essentials for delicious everyday meals.
Gluten free Banana Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
SALTED HONEY ROASTED PECANS:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp boiling water
CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 250 g cream cheese at room temperature, 1/2 pound
- 50 g butter at room temperature, 1 3/4 ounces
- 100 g icing sugar sifted, 3.5 ounces, powdered
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Grease a 20cm/7 inch springform pan and preheat the oven to 180 Celsius (350 Fahrenheit).
- Place the bananas in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the remaining cake ingredients and process to combine. Pour the batter into the springform pan and bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour. Check the cake after 30 minutes as you may need to cover it with foil to prevent burning before the cake is cooked through. Remove from the oven and let the cake cool completely in the tin before removing.
- While the cake is cooling keep the oven on at 180 celsius (350 fahrenheit) and make the honey roasted pecans. Combine the pecans, honey, sea salt and boiling water in a bowl and mix to combine. Place on a tray lined with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes, stirring about half way through to make sure they are evenly cooked. Remove the tray from the oven and set aside to cool.
- To make the frosting combine the butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat until smooth and creamy. Add the icing sugar and cinnamon and beat for another 5 minutes, or until pale and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cake and top with chopped roasted pecans.