When I’m feeling under the weather there is nothing I love more than a wholesome, healthy and heart warming minestrone soup. I’ve loved minestrone soup from when I was a child and my Nana used to make it and I have many memories of sitting at her kitchen table, in the cold Tasmanian winter, tucking into a bowl of her soup. So when I was recently battling a cold, so the first thing I did was make some minestrone. Somehow it magically makes me feel better.
Even if you are not under the weather, there is nothing better than a warm bowl of minestrone soup to warm your heart.
1 onion, diced
2 sticks of celery, diced
2 spring onions, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, grated
1 zuchinni, quarted then sliced
1 carrot, quarted then sliced
6 button mushrooms, chopped
1/2 red capsicum, julienned
1/2 green capsicum, julienned
1 700g bottle of tomato passata
250g tin of four bean mix, drained
2 1/2 litres of vegetable stock (you can use chicken if you prefer)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 1/2 cups of pasta
1. Place a large 3 litre saucepan on medium heat. When warm, add olive oil, garlic, onion, celery, spring onion. Cook until onion is semi transparent.
2. Add carrots and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the zuchinni, capsicum and mushrooms. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomato passata and stock and four bean mix. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are nearly cooked.
4. Add pasta and cook until tender.
5. Serve with a crusty bread roll.