Beat the winter blues with this gorgeous fragrant homemade sugar-free Mulled Apple Cider recipe which tastes just like apple pie!
The creation of this recipe has been sponsored by Sodastream.
I hope over the course of these recipes you’ve found some great new ways to put your Sodastream to good use. I’ve tried to share a mix of recipes using ingredients that you might have in your own kitchen.
As much as I love trying out new and unusual ingredients sometimes you just want simple things that you can easily throw together with what you have to hand.
This Mulled Apple Cider uses a few different spices, which aren’t difficult to find. Cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice all add a lovely warming depth to the apple juice in this sugar free mocktail.
The apple juice simmers away for 20 to 30 minutes to reduce and intensify in sweetness as the spices work their magic.
While you could certainly drink the apple juice warm, I love it mixed with sparkling water and a few ice cubes. Somehow it is both warming and refreshing at the same time. Oh, and it also tastes a little like Apple Pie! That’s never a bad thing!
So tell me, have you ever tried mulled apple cider? What are your favourite spice combinations?
The winner of the Sodastream Power is….
Now its time to announce the winner of the Sodastream Power. Thank you to all those who entered. The lucky winner is Robyn Matthews! Congralations Robyn!!! Please check your email.
Mulled Apple Cider
- 1 cups litre unsweetened apple juice 4
- 3 cardamom pods bruised
- 4 allspice berries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 star anise
- 3 peppercorns
- 1 piece peeled of orange rind roughly about 5cm in length 2 inches
- pinches couple of of ground nutmeg
- 1 cups litre Sodastream sparkling water 4
- slices apple and rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Place the apple juice and spices in a saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer and reduce to low. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the juice has reduced by almost half. Remove from the heat and leave until completely cool.
- Pour the mulled apple juice into a jug and add the apple slices, ice and sparkling (soda) water. Add sprigs of rosemary to the serving glasses and serve.
This recipe was sponsored by Sodastream. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep Delicious Everyday delivering free recipes to your kitchen!