If you’re just looking for a quick and easy main dish – this delicious Mushroom Spaghetti Salad will hit the spot. It’s healthy, tasty, and cooks in 20 minutes!
Regular readers will be aware of my love of mushrooms from the amount of mushroom recipes I’ve shared. There’s been mushroom wellington, mushroom tarte tatin, mushroom and caramelised onion polenta squares, and mushroom spinach and feta pies.
Today’s mushroom recipe is this super-easy spaghetti salad, loaded with mushrooms, spinach, and fresh thyme.
The great thing about this dish, is that it’s so simple to put together. By the time the pasta is done cooking, the sauce is ready. Just combine the two, and top with fresh thyme and Parmesan.
This is the recipe to have on standby when you are too exhausted to cook but don’t want to resort to take out or something equally unhealthy.
Let’s Make Mushroom Spaghetti Salad
This recipe is really a variation of my lemon spaghetti, but with delicious mushrooms, thyme, and spring onions. What’s not to love?
Start by cooking your pasta. Of course, this recipe calls for spaghetti, but you can experiment with your favorite noodles! Try shells or rotini — or even orzo!
While your pasta is cooking, you have time to make your mushroom-packed sauce. Put your mushrooms, spring onions, garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, and thyme leaves into your food processor, and process until it’s a thick paste.
When your pasta is done cooking, drain it and top with the sauce.
Mix in the baby spinach, and cover the pot for a few minutes to let the spinach wilt. Serve the spaghetti salad topped with a bit of parmesan cheese and fresh thyme.
If you want to make a vegan version of this spaghetti salad, simply substitute your favorite non-dairy parmesan cheese. Or you can use nutritional yeast to give it a similar crunchy texture.
Some of my other favorite easy vegetarian and vegan dinner recipes are:
- One-Pot Vegan Jambalaya
- One-Pot Vegan Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- 30 Minute Vegan Pho Noodle Soup
- One-Pot Thai Green Curry Noodles
What are your favorite quick and easy dinners?
Spaghetti Salad with Mushroom and Thyme
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, and while the pasta is cooking assemble the sauce.
- Combine the mushrooms, spring onions, garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil and thyme leaves in the food processor and process until it forms a rough paste.
- Drain the pasta and top with the sauce and baby spinach and mix through. Cover with a lid and set aside for a few minutes to let the spinach wilt.
- Serve topped with extra parmesan and additional thyme leaves.