This Orange Self Saucing Pudding is a definite favourite in our house. In the last 3 weeks I’ve made it 3 times. It’s that good!!
On the first night I made this Orange Self Saucing Pudding my fiance announced it was his new favourite dessert and went back for seconds! This pudding is super easy, so delicious and it’s also a great way to enjoy the abundance of oranges on the market at the moment. In fact, it’s so good and so easy you will never go back to those self saucing puddings that come in a box!
Better still, it’s the type of dessert you can whip up on a weeknight after work that is sure to impress the family as it’s so quick to prepare. What could be better than that?
Have you made your own self saucing puddings before? What are your favourite flavour combinations?
- 1 1/4 cups of self raising flour sifted
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- finely grated zest of 2 oranges
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 50 g of melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cornflour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (355 Fahrenheit) and grease 6 individual ramekins with butter or 1 large casserole dish.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and add the brown sugar, orange zest and stir to combine.
- In a jug combine the milk, egg and melted butter and mix to combine. Add to the flour mixture and stir until combined before dividing between the ramekins.
- To make the sauce, combine the caster sugar and cornflour and sprinkle on top of the puddings. Combine the orange juice and boiling water and gently pour over the top of the puddings before placing in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pudding is golden.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream.