It’s time for another Sweet Adventures blog hop, and this months theme is nuts. I’m nuts about nuts, but I usually only eat them in their natural form, especially in salads, or simply by the handful. So I wasn’t quite sure what nut based sweet I’d make for this months theme. I tossed up several ideas, when I spied a bag of pistachios in my pantry cupboard that I’d bought to use for something else and had promptly forgotten about, so I decided on Pistachio Cookies.
These Pistachio cookies are decidedly addictive, and are somewhat similar to the Strawberry Ricciarelli I posted last week, although chewier. I love recipes that are quick and easy to make, and this is definitely one of those recipes. All you need is about 10 minutes, plus 12 minutes baking time, and you have a batch of delicious homemade cookies. Why would you buy cookies, especially those that are full of artificial ingredients, when they are so simple to make at home?
Serve with a cup of tea or coffee, but be warned, it will be difficult to stop at one.
- Preheat the oven to 160 Celsius (320 Fahrenheit) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place 115g of the pistachios in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground. Just keep an eye on it as you process it to make sure you don't turn it into pistachio butter.
- Place the ground pistachios and 55g of the caster sugar and the flour in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the egg whites into the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until soft peaks form. Add the remaining caster sugar gradually and then fold the egg whites into the pistachio mixture and fold through until well combine. Place heaped teaspoons on the baking trays. Chop the remaining pistachios and sprinkle over the top of the cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar to serve.