This pumpkin cake is fluffy, tender and packed with pumpkin flavor - perfect for the Fall season! And there's an easy vegan option too.
Fall is the season for baking - so it’s time to turn up the oven and whip up our favorite fall desserts!
This one-bowl pumpkin cake is one totally delicious reason to get excited for the holidays.
Why is this the Best Pumpkin Cake?
This is simply the BEST pumpkin cake recipe out there. Why?
- It’s packed with pumpkin flavor
- Has tons of cozy fall spices like cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
- It has an absolutely gorgeous Fall color.
- It comes together in minutes and you literally use just one bowl.
- It’s low in fat - no butter, egg yolks or other heavy cake ingredients.
- The super easy vegan option makes it even more healthy!
How to Make One-Bowl Pumpkin Bundt Cake
This homemade pumpkin cake is super simple and quick to make. It’s made mostly from egg whites, all-purpose flour, confectioner's sugar, and cream of tartar - so you get a sweet, soft, slightly sticky cake that absolutely melts in your mouth.
Canned pumpkin puree adds an incredibly moist texture and natural sweetness, and the addition of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice amps up the fall flavor.
Whip all the cake ingredients in a mixer bowl except for the canned pumpkin. Whip until you get stiff peaks.
To get the best volume and smoothest texture, start on low speed until you see all the ingredients start to get frothy then increase the speed to medium and keep whipping.
You could easily go for a vegan version of this pumpkin cake recipe - just use aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas) to replace the egg whites. Easy peasy!
Next, mix half of the canned pumpkin into the cake batter, and stir to blend.
Then, combine the rest of the canned pumpkin into the cake batter and fold very gently so you don’t deflate the fluffy egg whites.
Pour the pumpkin cake mixture into a well greased Bundt pan.
Bake the pumpkin cake in the lowest oven rack at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes, then remove and gawk at how gorgeous it looks.
Top with a simple melted white chocolate drizzle to make it even more impressive. Serve with some whipped cream and cinnamon and it will completely blow you away.
More Fall Recipes
If you love this easy pumpkin cake, be sure to check out these other tasty ideas:
One-Bowl Pumpkin Cake
- white chocolate optional, use dairy-free chocolate for vegan option
- whipped cream optional, use dairy-free brand for vegan option
- Bundt pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the cake ingredients, except for the canned pumpkin. Mix well.
- Carefully fold in the canned pumpkin until well combined.
- Pour the pumpkin cake batter into a bundt pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes on the lowest oven rack, and when the cake is golden brown on top, and springs back when touched it should be done, if not, leave another 5 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and run a knife around the edges and middle to loosen the cake. Invert the cake onto a cake plate, and let the cake cool before removing the pan. After about 30 minutes try to remove the pan, it should come off the cake easily.
- When the cake has cooled, melt the white chocolate in the microwave, and drizzle over the cake. Top with whipped cream and cinnamon. Serve, and Enjoy!