This bright red and luscious strawberry sorbet is quick, easy and intensely flavored. A striking dessert that will cheer anyone up, and it couldn't be easier to make.
There's nothing quite like an ice cold, homemade sorbet to hit the spot on a hot summer day.
This strawberry sorbet is one of my very first sorbet recipes, and it's still one of my all-time favorites.
More Sorbet Recipes
- Blood Orange Vegan Jelly with Toasted Almond Sorbet
- Grape & Pink Champagne Sorbet
- Honeydew, Cucumber and Elderflower Sorbet
- Slice the strawberries and place in a bowl with the sugar, black pepper and vodka. Stir so that the sugar starts to dissolve.
- Cover the bowl with plastic cling film and refrigerate for one hour, stirring every so often.
- Purée the strawberries and their liquid together in a food processor, along with the lemon juice and sea salt until smooth.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve in order to remove the seeds and ensure a smooth silky consistency.
- Place the pureed strawberries back into the bowl and refridgerate for a couple of hours, until thoroughly chilled.
- Pour the chilled mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturers instructions.