These Sweet Potato & Quinoa Bowls are quick, healthy, and delicious. And they’re packed with flavor from roasted sweet potatoes, fresh veggies, and garlic-yogurt dressing. All that – and it’s pretty enough for a dinner party!
As a busy working Mom, I’m a sucker for one-bowl meals that can I throw together quickly. And these quinoa bowls deliver just that.
It only took me 30 minutes to pull this meal together. And yet – it looks fancy enough to serve to guests.
This is a really versatile recipe. You can feel free to swap in your favorite veggies, or replace the sauce with your own favorite dressing. Pretty much anything goes!
Let’s Make Quinoa Bowls!
The first thing to do is preheat the oven, and get your quinoa cooking. The quinoa will take about 15 minutes on the stovetop.
While the quinoa cooks, you can prepare the rest of your veggies.
Simply dice up some sweet potatoes and toss them with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then let them roast in the oven for about 15 minutes. You’ll know they are done when they’re just a bit soft and tender.
If you want to spice up your quinoa bowl, feel free to add a bit of chili powder or cayenne pepper to the sweet potatoes!
Next go ahead and make your dressing. Simply whisk together some plain Greek yogurt with a bit of garlic powder, lime juice, salt, and pepper. The consistency will be more like a sour cream than a traditional dressing.
If you want to prepare a vegan quinoa bowl, you can substitute a dairy-free sour cream for the Greek yogurt. Or check out one of these other vegan dressing recipes, and pick your favorite.
Once your quinoa and sweet potatoes are done cooking, it’s a simple matter of assembling your quinoa bowls.
Divide the quinoa between serving dishes, and top each one with roasted sweet potatoes, corn, and kidney beans.
Sprinkle the cilantro over the top, and finish it with a big dollop of the garlic-yogurt dressing.
Quinoa Bowls with Sweet Potato
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa dried
- 2 sweet potatoes large, diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
- ½ cup red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of half a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (F).
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. When it is done, drain and set aside.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare the sweet potatoes.
- Spread diced sweet potato on baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, or until tender and slightly caramelized.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the yogurt, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- When quinoa and potatoes are both done cooking, assemble the quinoa bowlss. Divide quinoa between serving bowls. Top with corn, red kidney beans, and sweet potatoes.
- Drizzle dressing over each quinoa bowl, and top with cilantro. Bon appétit!