This Vegan Carrot and Coriander Soup is colorful, creamy, and packed with flavor. It’s perfect for a simple dinner or a work week lunch. Plus, it’s completely vegetarian, vegan, and dairy-free.
A warm bowl of soup is something that I crave all year round. It’s extra comforting when the weather is getting colder, but just as delicious on a summer night. Not only is it healthy and satisfying, it’s also a great way to cook in bulk. This Vegan Carrot and Coriander Soup is a quick and easy meal, that can be packed up and reheated in a matter of moments during the working week.
Making Vegan Carrot and Coriander Soup
This dish uses coriander (cilantro) roots, which have a deeper and more intense flavor compared to the leaves, so when choosing a bunch of coriander you will need to ensure that it comes with the roots. There is sometimes confusion about the terms cilantro and coriander. Technically speaking, cilantro is the entire plant. Coriander is the name for the seeds that it produces, which are often ground and used as a spice. If you can’t find cilantro with the roots still attached, at least choose a bunch with nice, long stems.
This vegan carrot and coriander soup is very simple to make. The ingredients cook up quickly on the stovetop, and then you simply blend everything together. I personally like to blend all of my soups with an immersion blender. It allows me to just blend the soup right there on the stovetop, with having to transfer hot liquid to a traditional blender, and without dirtying another major appliance. It’s easy to just rinse off in the sink after.
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to see! Share your photo on Instagram and use the hashtag #deliciouseveryday for a chance to be featured or share it on my Facebook page.
Want more delicious recipes?
Subscribe to the Delicious Everyday weekly newsletter. It’s FREE! As a subscriber bonus, I’ll also send you my guide to pantry essentials for delicious everyday meals.
Vegan Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat before adding the onion and garlic. Cook 3-5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the ground coriander, cumin, and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the cilantro/coriander, including the roots. Add the carrots, potato, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer and stir occasionally. Cook for 30 minutes or until carrot and potato are tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to a clean saucepan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.