Rich, delicious and most importantly, super easy to make, is what make this vegan chocolate cake recipe best! Make this to die for cake today.
I couldn’t imagine the world without chocolate or chocolate cake! It is difficult not to feel good about life while devouring a piece (or savoring, if you prefer) of chocolate cake.
This vegan chocolate cake recipe ticks all the right boxes.
It is intensely chocolatey without being the least bit sickly. It is rich, but not overly so. And most importantly, it is super quick to make in just a few steps , making this vegan chocolate cake the best recipe around!
What more can you ask for really?
Dairy free, egg free and vegan this vegan chocolate mud cake is moist with a beautifully tender crumb.
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Cake
If you are in the mood for a chocolate fix this quick, easy vegan chocolate cake is sure to satisfy! And you won’t believe how simple this one-bowl recipe is. I think this is the easiest vegan chocolate cake recipe you can find.
Start off by simply mixing all your dry ingredients together in a bowl – this will be flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt.
Then mix your brown sugar and the wet ingredients in a separate small bowl – that will be coconut milk, vinegar, oil, and vanilla extract.
Then all you need to do is combine the wet with the dry ingredients to make your vegan chocolate cake batter. Bake it in a cake tin for 40-55 minutes.
It couldn’t be simpler.
Making the Vegan Chocolate Ganache Frosting
All you do to make this simple vegan chocolate cake frosting is melt together coconut milk and vegan dark chocolate pieces. You can do this in a double boiler if you have one!
Then just let the frosting sit for about an hour before frosting your cake, so it has time to thicken up. Don’t refrigerate it.
Tips for Perfect Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Make a large cake, like I have. Or this recipe also works equally well in cupcake form.
- If the cake seems a bit loose or difficult to slice after cooling, place it in the fridge for an hour or so. It will firm up further and be easier to cut.
- If you don’t have a double boiler to make the chocolate ganache frosting, you can use a heatproof bowl over a pot of steaming water.
Need more vegan chocolate desserts?
If you’re as much of a chocoholic as me, you’ll love these other vegan sweets:
Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe with vegan chocolate ganache
VEGAN CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING
- Preheat the oven to 160 celsius (325 fahrenheit) and grease a 23cm (9 inch) cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, bicarb, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Sift again.
- Combine the coconut milk, vinegar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 40 to 55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out with almost no crumbs attached. The middle of the cake should also spring back when lightly pressed. Place on a wire cake rack and leave to cool in the tin.
- To make the frosting place the chocolate and coconut milk in a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Set aside for an hour, or until slightly thickened (do not refrigerate), before frosting the cake.
- Pour the frosting over the cake and gently easy down the sides with an offset spatula. Top with raspberries, if using.