Rich, delicious and most importantly, super easy to make, is what make this vegan chocolate cake recipe best! Make this to die for cake today.
I couldn’t imagine the world without chocolate or chocolate cake! It is difficult not to feel good about life while devouring a piece (of savouring, if you prefer) of chocolate cake.
This vegan chocolate cake recipe ticks all the right boxes.
It is intensely chocolatey without being the least bit sickly. It is rich, but not overly so, and, most importantly, it is super easy to make, making this vegan chocolate cake the best!
What more can you ask for really?
Make a large cake, like I have, however, this recipe also works equally well in cupcake form and topped with a vegan chocolate ganache frosting, it is absolutely to die for.
All you need to do is combine the wet with the dry ingredients to make this vegan chocolate cake. Simply mix and bake.
It couldn’t be simpler.
If you are in the mood for a chocolate fix this quick easy vegan chocolate cake is sure to satisfy!
Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe with vegan chocolate ganache
VEGAN CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING
- 250 g vegan dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup coconut milk see note
- fresh raspberries to decorate optional
- Preheat the oven to 160 celsius (315 fahrenheit) and grease a 23cm (9 inch) cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, bicarb, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Sift again.
- Combine the coconut milk, vinegar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 40 to 55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out with almost no crumbs attached. The middle of the cake should also spring back when lightly pressed. Place on a wire cake rack and leave to cool in the tin.
- To make the frosting place the chocolate and coconut milk in a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Set aside for an hour, or until slightly thickened (do not refrigerate), before frosting the cake.
- Pour the frosting over the cake and gently easy down the sides with an offset spatula. Top with raspberries, if using.