When you get a chocolate craving, consider making this Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake. It is a 7-ingredient, gluten-free chocolate cake that is decadent, fudgy, and delicious down to the last crumbs.
Table of contents
This vegan chocolate cake is a great dessert to serve up after dinner, take to a potluck event, or even dress up a dessert table for a holiday gathering.
Vegan dark chocolate, chickpea flour, cocoa powder, and more get whisked together, baked, and then dusted with powdered sugar for a gorgeous presentation.
This Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake is..
If you love vegan baking, make sure you grab a copy of my free vegan baking cheat sheet while you’re here. It’s packed with all my favorite plant-based substitutions to help you vegan-ize any recipe!
How To Make Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake
- In a bowl, start melting the vegan chocolate and butter.
- While the chocolate is melting, whisk the chickpea flour and soy milk together in a bowl.
- Once the chocolate is melted, mix in with the chickpea flour mixture and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake as directed.
- Once the cake is cooked, remove it from the oven and cool it in the pan. Then refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
The full recipe and directions to this cake are in the printable recipe card below.
Consider stirring some vegan chocolate chips into the cake batter. This is going to add extra chocolate flavor to the cake. You could even try white chocolate chips or semi-sweet! Get creative and have fun.
Toss in some Nuts
If you like nuts, add in some crushed pecans, walnuts, or even cashews. This is a great way to change the texture of the cake and add in extra nutrients.
As you can see, I dusted the top of my cake with powdered sugar. If you want, you can melt chocolate or nut butter to drizzle over the top. Pair with a scoop of vegan ice cream or whipped topping.
Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake FAQs
What are flourless cakes made of?
For my flourless cake, I used chickpea flour to replace traditional flour. It mixes with the dairy-free milk and makes a creamy base. You will find flourless cakes tend to be more fudge-like, as they are pretty dense in texture.
What does vegan cake mean?
A vegan cake means no animal products were used in the ingredients. Vegan butter, vegan chocolate chips, dairy-free milk alternatives, and more. I picked these vegan ingredients instead of the traditional ingredients found in cake.
How to store this flourless chocolate cake?
You will want to store your flourless cake in the refrigerator in the proper container. This cake will store for around 4–7 days. Like any baked good, it will dry out a bit each day.
If you don’t want to eat all your cake right away, feel free to freeze it. This vegan cake will freeze for up to two months. Thaw in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
While you’re here, don’t forget to grab a copy of my free vegan toolkit. It’s packed with my reader-favorite recipes, cheat sheets, and more.
Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Generously spray a 6" cake pan and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring occasionally.
- While chocolate melts, whisk together chickpea flour and soy milk until a thick gooey paste has formed. Make sure the chickpea mixture is evenly hydrated throughout.
- Once the chocolate and butter are melted, stir in sugar until it is dissolved. Add chickpea/milk mixture, stirring with a spatula to combine. Fold in cocoa powder and baking soda until a uniform batter is achieved.
- Transfer batter to the prepared cake pan and bake for 35–40 minutes, until a thin crust has formed and cake doesn't wobble when gently shaken.
- Remove from the oven and let set up in the pan for 30 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Dust with powdered sugar to serve.