Vegan Fudge uses 4 simple ingredients to provide a creamy and decadent chocolate dessert that melts in your mouth! Both kids and adults will enjoy this delicious—and healthy—dessert.
Table of contents
Skip a candy bar and make this easy chocolate fudge. You might even already have all the ingredients in your kitchen, so you can start making this fudge right away. The hardest part is waiting for the fudge to set up!
This Vegan Fudge Is…
- Freezer Friendly
- 4 Ingredients
- Vegan (make sure to use vegan chocolate chips)
While you’re here, don’t forget to grab a free copy of my Top 15 Reader-Favorite Recipes! It’s loaded with delicious vegetarian-friendly recipes that are surefire crowd-pleasers.
How To Make Vegan Fudge
- Start by mashing up your banana in a bowl with a fork until fully mashed.
- Then in a bowl, you will melt up your chocolate chips until they are fully melted.
- Add the almond butter, vanilla, and mashed banana in with the melted chocolate. Stir well.
- Press into a prepared pan and place in the freezer to firm up.
- Slice and serve.
Swap Nut Butters
You are welcome to use cashew butter or another form of nut butter. The biggest thing is making sure the consistency is the same, or you might have to add a bit more or less to get that same creamy fudge mixture.
Mix in Extra Ingredients
Consider adding extra chocolate chips, a few chopped nuts, dried fruits, or other ingredients into the wet fudge batter. Then pour into the pan to set up. Adding dried fruits or even nuts can add a different texture to the vegan-friendly dessert.
Swap Out Vanilla Extract
If you want to change up the flavor a bit, you could swap out the vanilla extract. Trying something like an almond extract would completely transform the fudge. Or, for a citrus twist, add some orange extract. Either would be a fun complement to the chocolate flavor of the fudge.
Vegan Fudge FAQs
Does fudge have gluten?
This vegan chocolate fudge is naturally gluten-free. You will find that some fudge recipes can have gluten. If they stir in flour or other ingredients for a cake batter style fudge, it then can be a gluten risk. But, most fudge recipes do not have gluten in them.
How to store vegan fudge?
You can either store your fudge in the fridge for up to a month or wrap it and freeze for up to two months. Either route will help to preserve your fudge until you are ready to enjoy it. Eat chilled or allow it to warm up a bit at room temperature.
Since this fudge is different from traditional, it will have a softer texture. That is why it needs to stay refrigerated.
How to ripen a banana fast?
If you need a ripe banana or two for a recipe, here is a simple way to speed up the process. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a banana—peel and all—on the baking sheet and cook at 200°F. After 15 minutes, check on your bananas. You want the whole banana peel to turn black.
Cook as long as you need for all the banana peels to turn color. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Remove from the peel, mash, and use in the recipe!
And don’t forget to grab a copy of my free vegan cheat sheet too! It’s packed with my favorite easy substitutions to help you make just about any recipe vegan!
Sugar-free Vegan Fudge
- In a medium bowl, mashed the overripe banana.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Put the bowl of chocolate chips into the microwave for 30 seconds on high power. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the chocolate. Place the bowl back for another 30 seconds on high power. After this, keep microwaving the chocolate chips on high power for 10-second increments, stirring in between every time until the chocolate is smooth and fully melted.
- To melt chocolate on the stovetop, place the chopped chocolate in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water. This method keeps the chocolate away from direct heat, which allows it to melt at a low enough temperature to prevent scorching and separating.
- Add almond butter, melted chocolate, and vanilla to the mashed banana and whisk to combine.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined loaf pan (or 8×8” baking dish).
- Freeze until firm (~1–2 hours). Slice and enjoy (makes 16 pieces). Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.