This vegan pumpkin spice latte is perfect for Fall! It's simple to make and taste just like the famous treat we all known and love.
You know the Fall season is upon us when you see everyone lining up in fancy coffee shops to get their favorite pumpkin spice latte drink.
It’s the perfect coffee drink for cool Fall days, so I can understand why people go crazy over it.
Well, you don’t have to wait in line to enjoy this beloved coffee drink anymore. This vegan pumpkin spice latte is easy to make at home, and it’s MUCH healthier (and cheaper, too!) than buying it at a shop.
This vegan pumpkin spice latte is:
- Easy to make without any fancy coffee machines.
- Made with healthier ingredients.
- Absolutely dairy free.
- Easy to prepare in just 10 minutes.
How to Make a Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte at Home
This recipe is a spin off of the widely popular pumpkin spice latte with a combination of two of my favorite flavors: pumpkin spices and white chocolate.
It’s the perfect pairing. The white chocolate adds an additional sweetness to the coffee, and brings some creaminess that pairs wonderfully with the cinnamon spices.
And of course, my version is dairy free. Whipping up this vegan pumpkin spice latte is so simple and so much fun, too.
Let’s start by decorating your coffee mugs. You’ve got make this like an expert barista, so you can’t skip this step! 😉
It’s nothing too fancy - just melt some vegan white chocolate candy melts in the microwave until you see the chocolate start to melt. Take it out of the microwave and stir until smooth and creamy.
Dip the rims of your coffee mugs into the white chocolate. Give it a good coating of about an inch of chocolate and set them aside to let the chocolate harden.
Next, pour some freshly brewed coffee onto a heavy saucepan.
Add 6 tablespoons of pumpkin puree together with the coffee. Then, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and the remaining half of the white chocolate bar
Stir the coffee-pumpkin mixture over medium heat until you see the coffee start to bubble and the white chocolate is melted.
Pour the spiced coffee into your prepared mugs until about ¾ full. Add almond milk or any non-dairy milk of choice, or you can totally skip the non-dairy milk and just top with plenty of vegan whipped cream!
For the finishing touch, sprinkle a little pumpkin pie spice mix on top of the whipped topping and garnish with cinnamon sticks to make everything extra nice.
Now doesn’t that look like a rich, delectable drink?!
And if you love this recipe, be sure to check out these other tasty treats:
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:
- First, in a microwave safe bowl, place 1 ½ of the chocolate bars in the bowl, and melt in the microwave on 10 second intervals just until the chocolate melts. Then remove from the microwave and stir the white chocolate.
- Dip the tops or rims of the coffee mugs into the white chocolate about an inch onto the mugs to coat the tops. Set the mugs aside to let the chocolate harden.
- Next, brew the coffee, and pour the fresh brewed coffee into a heavy saucepan. Add the pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and the remaining half of the white chocolate bar.
- Heat on Medium until the coffee bubbles, and the chocolate melts. Turn the heat to low, and just keep the coffee warm.
- When the chocolate is cool and has set on the coffee mugs, pour the coffee into the mugs about ¾ full. Add the almond milk, if using. Top with the whipped cream, and sprinkle with cinnamon.