This Vegan Quesadilla recipe is packed with savory vegetables and cooked to perfection! It’s Mexican-inspired and makes for a hearty breakfast.
This veggie quesadilla is stuffed with vegan cheese, vegetables, and tasty spices.
To make these quesadillas, all you need to do is fry up the vegetables with spices, add them to a tortilla with vegan cheese, and then toast them.
This vegan quesadilla recipe is...
- ready in 15 minutes
- an easy breakfast option
If you love vegan cooking, make sure you grab a copy of my free vegan cheat sheet while you're here. It's packed with all my favorite plant-based substitutions to help you vegan-ize any recipe!
How to Make Vegan Quesadillas
- Heat a pan with oil on medium heat.
- Fry the potatoes until they are golden brown.
- Add the onion, garlic, and spices to the pan.
- Cook until the onion is tender. Then add the green beans, pepper, lentils, tomato, corn, and salt; then stir.
- Prepare the quesadillas.
- Divide the vegetable mix into multiple portions.
- On top of each tortilla, put the veggie mix and cheese.
- Fold each tortilla in half to close it.
- Put the stuffed tortillas on a clean nonstick pan. Once one side is crispy and golden brown, flip it to cook on the other side.
- Remove the tortilla from the heat once both sides are golden brown and place them on a cutting board.
- Cut the tortillas in half and serve immediately.
Scroll down for the full recipe with measurements and detailed instructions.
Tips & Tricks
These veggie quesadillas can keep for 3 days in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat them again, you can put them in a nonstick pan on low heat. This will warm the quesadillas without burning the tortillas.
Or you can just pop them into the microwave to heat them up.
Instead of using plain flour tortillas, you can use corn tortillas or flavored flour tortillas.
Some other great tortilla flavors to try are sundried tomato, spinach, cilantro, and roasted garlic.
You can buy these flavored tortillas, or you can make your own.
You can mix up this recipe a little by replacing potatoes with sweet potatoes or roasted cauliflower.
If you have some green onions in the fridge, just chop them up and throw them in the pan. This will add a little extra flavor to your veggie quesadillas!
To make your own tortillas, mix together 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 2 ½ tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt, and ½ cup room-temperature vegan butter. For the different flavors, add the following extra ingredients:
- Sundried tomato flavor: ¾ cup warm water & ¼ cup sundried tomatoes
- Spinach flavor: ½ cup warm water & ½ cup spinach
- Roasted garlic flavor: 1 cup warm water & 1 bulb roasted garlic
Then knead the dough for 5 minutes and cover the dough for 30 to 60 minutes so it can rise.
Divide the dough into 16 parts, and then roll them out into tortillas. Cook the tortillas in a pan on medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Then they’re ready to serve!
After you’ve finished making your tortillas, you can top them with some delicious toppings. Some great Mexican-inspired toppings include lime juice, vegan sour cream, cashew-lime cream, and chopped cilantro.
To make the vegan cashew-lime cream, you soak 1 cup of raw unsalted cashews in ¼ cup of water over night. Then drain the liquid and place it in a blender along with the zest of 1 lime, the juice of 2 limes, and ½ tsp of salt. Blend until the ingredients are smooth and creamy. Serve over hot tortillas and save the extra in the fridge.
While you're here, don't forget to grab a free copy of my Top 15 Reader-Favorite Recipes! It's loaded with delicious vegetarian-friendly recipes that are surefire crowd-pleasers.
- 3 tortillas
- ½ cup potato peeled and diced in small cubes
- ½ cup red bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
- ⅓ cup tomato diced
- ½ cup green beans chopped
- ¼ cup corn washed and drained
- ½ cup lentils washed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 slices vegan cheese
- salt to taste
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat with oil, then fry potatoes until golden brown then add onion, garlic and spices. Cook until onion are tender then add green beans, pepper, lentils, tomato and corn salt, stir for about 30 seconds.
- Prepare Quesadillas. Divide lentil mix in 3 portions. First add lentil mix, then cheese on 1 half of each tortillas. Close with the empty half.
- Transfer stuffed tortillas in a non stick pan. Flip on the other side when crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from heat, place on a wooden cutting board and cut in half. Serve immediately.