This White Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake is a classic dessert, with a modern twist from roasted strawberries and rich vanilla beans. It’s my new go-to cheesecake recipe!
Last weekend, we were checking out our new hometown and discovered the fantastic Safety Harbor Farmer’s Market. We hadn’t planned on shopping, but I could not resist these fresh, local strawberries.
The berries were so beautiful I just knew I had to find a way to use them. And you all know I am a cheesecake nut – just check out these Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes and these Snickers Cheesecake Brownies. So I set my heart on cheesecake, and came up with this recipe for a white chocolate strawberry cheesecake.
I decided to take this cheesecake up a notch by roasting the fresh strawberries with a bit of sugar and vanilla bean. The strawberries are incorporated in the bottom layer, and the top layer of cheesecake filling is combined with decadent melted white chocolate!
Even better, this cheesecake is lower in fat, thanks to the use of low fat ricotta cheese in place of the usual cream cheese.
Let’s make White Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake!
White Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake
- Preheat the oven to 220 Celsius (425 Fahrenheit) and line a roasting pan with baking paper. Toss the strawberries with the granulated sugar and vanilla bean and then spread onto the baking paper and roast for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For the base – Reduce the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit). In a food add the graham crackers and process until they form small crumbs. Pour into a bowl and combine with the caster sugar and melted butter. Pour the base into a greased 25cm springform pan and press the mixture using a glass or coffee cup to form a flat base. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce the oven to 165 Celsius (325 Fahrenheit). In a food processor, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, icing sugar, flour, and vanilla seeds and extract and process until smooth,scraping down sides as needed.
- Remove 2 cups of the cheesecake mixture and place in a small bowl. Melt the white chocolate and combine with the 2 cups of cheesecake mixture.
- Add the roasted strawberries to the mixture in the food processor and process to combine. Pour the mixture into the cheesecake base. Top this with the white chocolate mixture by carefully spooning the white chocolate cheesecake mix on top.
- Wrap the springform pan in foil and place in a roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with hot tap water until it comes half way up the side of the springform pan. Bake until set, around 2 hours and 15 minutes. Set aside to cool and then refrigerate overnight before serving.
want more delicious recipes?
Subscribe to the Delicious Everyday newsletter. I’ll let you know when we have new recipes cooking! And as a thank you for signing up, I’ll also send you my FREE Vegetarian Pantry Guide, that will teach you how to stock your kitchen for delicious meatless meals.