Golden Curry Recipe With Vegetable
Healthy and delicious go hand-in-hand with this Golden Curry Recipe. This vegan curry goes great with a steamy side of rice or warm naan.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- CURRY PASTE:
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 red chili peppers tops removed and deseeded
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms trimmed and quartered
- 13 oz coconut milk
- 1 red chili pepper deseeded and roughly chopped
- 24 green beans trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- FOR SERVING:
- steamed rice or pappadams
Begin by making the curry paste. Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined.
Place a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the olive oil and cook the curry paste for 5 minutes, until aromatic.
Add the chopped onion, potatoes, mushrooms and carrots. Coat in the curry paste before adding the coconut milk.
Reduce the heat to a medium low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potato is tender. Add the chili pepper and simmer for further 5 minutes.
Finally add the green beans and spinach leaves and cook for a few minutes so that the spinach wilts.
Serve with steamed rice and pappadams.
Feel free to use whatever vegetables you desire. Also try adding chickpeas once the potato is tender.
For a gluten-free option, serve with riced cauliflower instead of traditional rice.
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 838mg | Potassium: 1115mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 9205IU | Vitamin C: 86.5mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 7.6mg