Lychee, vermicelli rice noodles and edamame salad
Edamame salad with lychee, coriander, mint & rice noodles and a chilli lime dressing can be assembled on the table in under 15 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 150 g vermicelli rice noodles
- 150 g edamame beans steamed and podded
- 1 1/2 cups coriander (cilantro)
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 lebanese cucumber halved, and finely sliced
- 2 celery stalks finely sliced
- 2-3 radishes finely sliced
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1 cup fresh lychees halved, seed and skin removed
- 1/3 cup roasted salted cashews roughly chopped
- CHILI DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup chilli jam
- 1/4 cup lime juice around 2 limes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, gluten-free variety if needed
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic grated
Place vermicelli in a large bowl and cover with warm water and leave for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water before placing in a large serving bowl along with the coriander, mint, cucumber, celery, radish and red onion. Toss well to combine. Top with the edamame, lychees and chopped cashews.
To make the dressing combine the chilli jam, lime juice, soy, ginger and garlic and stir to combine. Add to the salad just before serving, and toss well to combine.
I used Beerenberg's fabulous chilli jam but any chilli jam will do, however you may need to adjust the sweetness depending on the jam. If so, then add a little honey to the dressing.
If you live with a carnivore, as I do, topped with thinly sliced medium rare steak that has been marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, grated ginger and garlic.
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 413mg | Potassium: 609mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 960IU | Vitamin C: 52.6mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 3.1mg