Corn and avocado fritters with avocado, yoghurt, coriander & lime sauce
Corn and avocado fritters with avocado, yoghurt, coriander & lime sauce is a breakfast favourite
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- AVOCADO YOGHURT, CORIANDER & LIME SAUCE:
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/4 cup unsweetened yoghurt
- 2 tbsp coriander (cilantro) roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- CORN AND AVOCADO FRITTERS:
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander cilantro
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1 cob of corn husked and kernels removed, and optionally cooked
- 1/2 an avocado finely diced
- 1/4 cup coriander (cilantro) roughly chopped, cilantro
- olive oil for frying
- 6 slices of haloumi optional, to serve
Begin by making the sauce. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process to combine. Check the seasoning and add more salt or lime as necessary. Refrigerate while you make the fritters.
Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a bowl and stir to combine. Combine the buttermilk and egg and whisk to combine before pouring into the dry mixture. Mix well, add the corn kernels and avocado and mix to combine.
Heat a frying pan over a medium high heat and add olive oil to the pan. Add spoonfuls of the batter to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes, or until golden. Place on paper towel while you cook the remaining fritters. Keep the fritters warm. Add the haloumi slice and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until golden.
Divide the fritters between the serving plates and top with haloumi and top with the avocado, yoghurt and lime sauce and serve.
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 432mg | Potassium: 900mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 610IU | Vitamin C: 15.3mg | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 3.2mg