Mulled Apple Cider
Beat the winter blues with this gorgeous fragrant homemade sugar-free Mulled Apple Cider recipe which tastes just like apple pie!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 1 cups litre unsweetened apple juice 4
- 3 cardamom pods bruised
- 4 allspice berries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 star anise
- 3 peppercorns
- 1 piece peeled of orange rind roughly about 5cm in length 2 inches
- pinches couple of of ground nutmeg
- 1 cups litre Sodastream sparkling water 4
- slices apple and rosemary sprigs for garnish
Place the apple juice and spices in a saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer and reduce to low. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the juice has reduced by almost half. Remove from the heat and leave until completely cool.
Pour the mulled apple juice into a jug and add the apple slices, ice and sparkling (soda) water. Add sprigs of rosemary to the serving glasses and serve.
Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Sodium: 56mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 0.5% | Vitamin C: 12% | Calcium: 7.8% | Iron: 5.3%