Do you like Plum Pudding? How about Vodka? Well, have I got the treat for you!! Plum Pudding Vodka!!
This little glass of Christmas aromas consists of vodka infused with dried fruits and spices, and you know what, it does taste like Plum Pudding! When I made this, my chief taste tester, otherwise known as my fiance, greedily drank up his small glass and clicked his fingers and said “Wow, this has to go on the blog” before pouring himself another glass.
Even to a non Plum Pudding lover, such as me, it is lovely, although I couldn’t drink much of it. It would be wonderful to sip after Christmas dinner in lieu of dessert, or even serve it with a little square of Vanilla Tablet. You could also make a batch and give it to friends, although I realise with today being December 22, and the fact you need to let this sit for a week means I’m a little late in sharing this in time for Christmas, but who says this only has to be a Christmas drink!
Have you ever tried making your own Vodka infusions? What are your favourite flavour combinations?
Speaking of alcoholic treats, the winners of the Fresita give away were drawn yesterday and have been contacted. You can see the winners here and if you know them hit them up to see if they’ll share with you 😉
Recipe adapted from Taste.com.au
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 bottle (about 700ml) vodka
- 250g dark brown sugar
- 250g mixed fruit (sultanas, currants, raisins, mixed peel)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 6 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 vanilla beans, split, seeds scraped
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large jar and cover with a lid. Set aside in a cool place for 1 week, shaking once a day to mix the ingredients.
- Strain through a very fine sieve and decant into bottles. Seal the bottles and store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.