Ever wondered how to make Strawberry Vodka? It’s easy! All you need to make your own strawberry vodka are a few ingredients and a couple of days.
The best gifts come from the heart, or so they say. But I think the best gifts come from the kitchen.
Imagine giving the gift of this gorgeous red hued Strawberry Vodka. It’s pretty, delicious and this Strawberry Vodka is sure to make even Scrooge merry. And thanks to the beautiful strawberries it smells absolutely amazing!!
If you’ve ever wondered how to make strawberry vodka, well, it couldn’t be simpler. It only involves a couple of ingredients, and the teensiest bit of effort for delicious results.
The quality of vodka you use here is important. As when cooking with wine, only use a vodka you enjoy drinking. For the best results use a vodka with a proof of 80 or above, as the aromatics of the fruit are drawn out due to the alcohol, so the higher the proof the more flavoured and aromatic the resulting vodka will be. However with a higher proof the the taste of the vodka can be more harsh, so find a happy medium. I like a smooth vodka, so I went with Grey Goose, which has a proof of 80, but you can use whatever you like.
You can also add your own personal touches to the vodka by adding your own flavourings. Why not try adding a vanilla bean for strawberry vanilla vodka. You could also try using different fruits such as cherries, blueberries and raspberries. You could also try using peaches, plums or slices of orange, lemon or lime. Or, for something a little more festive, why not check out the Plum Pudding Vodka I made last year.
Serve the Strawberry Vodka chilled over ice, or in your favourite cocktail.
12 Treats of Christmas
Don’t forget to check out the other delicious treats in my 12 Treats of Christmas series.
- 750mls of Vodka (go for a Vodka that is 80 proof)
- 400g (14 oz) of strawberries
- 2 heaped tbs caster (superfine) sugar
- Wash and thoroughly dry the strawberries. Remove the tops of the strawberries and slice.
- Combine the vodka and caster sugar in a large jar and shake to combine. Add the strawberries and leave in a cool place for 3 to 4 days, giving the mixture a swirl everyday to help the strawberries infuse all of their delicious flavours.
- Strain the mixture through muslin into and decant into bottles and seal.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.