All you need is 15 minutes to make this super easy Vegan One Pot Pasta in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce is a handful of simple ingredients!
The magic of one pot pasta has been around for a while now, but the ability to dump everything in one pot for a delicious meal to come out at the end of the process never ceases to amaze me.
There are lots of versions floating about, but this is mine, which is essentially a one pot version of my vegan creamy mushroom alfredo.
After frying the mushrooms, shallots and garlic, simply boil the kettle and add boiling water, spaghetti and your favourite dairy free milk. At first, the milk may curdle a little, but stick with it and you’ll end up with a deliciously creamy sauce.
Short on time but need to get dinner on the table? With a few pantry essentials dinner is only 20 minutes way.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 400g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp of chopped rosemary or thyme
- 4 cups boiling water
- 350g spaghetti
- 2 1/2 cups your favourite dairy free milk
- 2 tsp salt (less if using fine grain salt)
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp white miso
- Place a large lidded frying pan over a medium high heat. The pan should be wide enough to fit your spaghetti on its side.
- Add the oil to the pan and fry the mushrooms until lightly golden. You might need to do this in two batches depending on the size of your pan. Once the mushrooms are cooked add the shallots, garlic and herbs. Cook until the shallots are translucent and the garlic is fragrant, taking care to stir the pan so that the garlic doesn't burn.
- Meanwhile boil the kettle. Add the boiling water, spaghetti, 2 cups of the dairy free milk, reserving half a cup, salt, nutritional yeast and miso. Cover the pan and bring it to a boil. Remove the lid, reduce to a simmer and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked, stirring every minute or so to make sure the pasta doesn't clump together.
- When it is cooked remove it from the heat and add the reserved half cup of milk and stir it through. Serve immediately.
I like to use a mix of swiss brown and button mushrooms.
If you can tolerate dairy, simply replace the dairy free milk with your full cream milk.