This simple Creamy Avocado Spinach Pasta is not only stunning but also loaded with flavor and nutrients to fuel your body. You’ll love this healthy, vegan, and comforting pasta dish down to the very last bite!
Table of contents
- This Creamy Avocado Spinach Pasta Is…
- How to Make Creamy Avocado Spinach Pasta
- Creamy Avocado Spinach Pasta Variations
- Creamy Avocado Spinach Pasta FAQs
This creamy pasta dish is fresh, vibrant, and ready in under 30 minutes. If you like to meal prep, you can also save leftovers and use them for packing quick lunches or reheating for dinner later in the week.
The avocado and spinach in this dish really compliment each other. Add in some vegan parmesan cheese to add some tang and creaminess to the pasta.
This Creamy Avocado Spinach Pasta Is…
- Simple main dish or side dish
- Loaded with nutrients
While you’re here, don’t forget to grab a free copy of my Top 15 Reader-Favorite Recipes! It’s loaded with delicious vegetarian-friendly recipes that are surefire crowd-pleasers.
How to Make Creamy Avocado Spinach Pasta
- Start by slightly cooking spinach in a saucepan. Cook the spinach until it is softened a bit.
- Cook pasta according to the package. Once done, drain.
- Mix spinach, parmesan, cherry tomatoes, walnuts, etc. (everything but pasta) in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Once pasta is done and drained, toss with the sauce and garnish as you like.
Creamy Avocado Spinach Pasta Variations
Swap The Nuts
I used for walnuts for this dish, but you could easily use pistachios or even pecans instead. I find the walnuts add a nice flavor to the dish without becoming overpowering.
You can sauté the garlic with a little oil in a pan on the stove if you want. It will help bring out more flavor in the sauce. It is more mellow of flavor than raw garlic in my onion. You sauté it long enough to become fragrant, then remove it from the stove. It should take around 1–2 minutes.
Swap Shape Of Pasta
Get creative and use whatever type of pasta you like—fettuccine pasta, rotini, shells, elbow, etc. The biggest thing is making sure you cook your pasta according to the package. If you are gluten-free, you can reach for your favorite gluten-free pasta to swap in.
Zoodles (zucchini noodles) or spaghetti squash would also be a nice substitute for pasta.
Add in Protein
If you want, you can add in some protein. If you are not vegetarian, you can toss in some cooked shrimp, chicken, etc. This is just optional if you want to make it a bit heartier.
Flavored Olive Oil
Here is one tip I find it fun to experiment with. If you have flavored olive oil—infused with garlic, fresh herbs, etc.—consider using that. A flavored olive oil can help add another layer of depth to the creamy sauce.
Creamy Avocado Spinach Pasta FAQs
How much water does it take to cook pasta?
A good rule of thumb is to use 4 quarts of water per one pound of pasta. Your pasta needs to be fully submerged under the water as it cooks. Otherwise, the pasta will not become soft as you would like.
Can you eat cooked pasta a week later?
Cooked pasta will last around 3–5 days in the fridge. The ingredients added to the pasta will also affect the shelf life of cooked pasta. You will find this avocado pasta is best served warm, but can be stored for a couple of days in the refrigerator. The avocado shortens the shelf life.
How to pick a ripe avocado?
A ripe avocado will feel slightly soft if you gently squeeze it. Don’t squeeze too hard, or you can bruise the avocado. Make sure to look over the avocado to scan for any bruising, soft spots, or imperfections in the skin.
If you love vegan cooking, make sure you grab a copy of my free vegan cheat sheet while you’re here. It’s packed with all my favorite plant-based substitutions to help you vegan-ize any recipe!
Creamy Avocado Spinach Pasta
- Slightly cook spinach leaves in a saucepan, until they soften a little.
- Place all the ingredients except pasta, parmesan cheese, and cherry tomatoes in a food processor and blend until you get a smooth cream. If you’d like it more liquid-y, add more oil or lemon juice.
- Cook your pasta following its package indications.
- Serve this creamy avocado spinach sauce with the pasta of your choice.
- Optional: garnish with cherry tomatoes, fresh parsley, and parmesan cheese.