These Chewy Double Chocolate Bourbon and Macadamia Nut Cookies are quick and easy to make—and even quicker to bake! The only problem is stopping at one…
My parents are visiting at the moment, from Tasmania. They don't come to visit often, so I wanted to bake them some special treats. So I spent a couple of days baking in preparation for their arrival. For Mum, I decided to make white chocolate mud cupcakes with raspberry curd and topped with white chocolate ganache.
Dad loves dark chocolate, and so does my boyfriend T, so I decided to treat them both by making chewy double-chocolate cookies. I've made these before with smarties when we had the boys visit. This time, I decided to add macadamia nuts and splash of bourbon whiskey, which I knew T would love. The addition of bourbon wasn't obvious—which was a good thing since my Dad doesn't drink—but it added a slight tobacco flavor to the cookies.
If you love vegan baking, make sure you grab a copy of my free vegan baking cheat sheet while you're here. It's packed with all my favorite plant-based substitutions to help you vegan-ize any recipe!
How to Make Chewy Double-Chocolate Bourbon and Macadamia Nut Cookies
1. Preheat the oven and prep baking tray.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave or on the stove top and allow to cool.
3. In a mixer, beat together eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
4. Pour the melted chocolate into the beaten eggs mixture and add the bourbon.
5. Mix together flour, baking powder, chocolate, and nuts.
6. Scoop the mixture onto the lined baking trays.
7. Bake for 8–9 minutes and cool on the tray before transferring to a cooling rack.
See below for full list of ingredients and baking instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate pieces and butter in the microwave or on the stove top and allow to cool.
- In a mixer, beat together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla essence until thick and pale.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the beaten eggs and sugar. Stir through before adding the bourbon.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder. Stir through before adding the chopped chocolate and macadamia nuts, and mix until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture onto the lined baking trays. The cookies will flatten out when baked.
- Bake in the oven for 8–9 minutes and cool on the tray before transferring to a cooling rack. If you put the cookies onto the cooling rack while hot, they will become marked by the wires from the rack.