My boyfriend recently came across Arnotts Shapes delicious Chilli and Lime Flavour Sensations while on a work training course when they were offered up as one of the many snacks between breaks. He loved them so much that after the course he went to the shop and brought a box home. I’m embarrassed to say the combination of chilli and lime was so addictive we polished off the box in no time! I loved the flavour combination, but wanted a healthier version of this deliciously addictive snack.
Having made Lebanese bread salad a number of times I knew how wonderfully cripsy pita bread becomes when baked, so I decided to try infusing it with chilli and lime as well as a little paprika and turning them into Pita Chips. The result was delicious, healthier than the original and gives you the option to tweak flavours to your liking.
These Pita Chips would be perfect for a party, when you have friends over for a drink, or when you just want something delicious to nibble on. Even better you can have fun creating your own Pita Chip flavour combinations.
Lime, Chilli and Smoked Paprika Pita Chips
- 2 wholemeal pita
- juice & zest of 1 lime – if your lime isn’t particularly juicy you may want to use 2
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- a pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon of olive oil
- Preheat oven 175 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit).
- Tear or cut the pita bread into pieces and combine in a bowl with the lime zest and juice, chilli powder, paprika, salt and olive oil. Toss well to ensure the pita bread is coated.
- Spread out on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake 15 to 20 minutes, turning the pita chips halfway through.
- Allow to cool before serving.