These intensely chocolatey raspberry friands are sure to brighten even the dullest day. Studded with tart raspberries with the slightest whisper of rosewater they are the ultimate treat that takes only a few minutes to whip together!
French champagne comes a close second, and while I'd love to be able to indulge in it every day, I don't think my liver, or my bank account would allow me.
These gorgeous little mini loaf friands are for those days when you need a little extra cheer. Best eaten slightly warm, they are intensely chocolatey, studded with the tartness of raspberries and the slightest whisper of rosewater. Heaven!
Chocolate Raspberry Friands with Rosewater
- 85 g icing sugar ⅔ cup
- 10 g cocoa powder 1tbs plus 1 tsp
- 50 g almond meal ½ cup
- 40 g wholemeal spelt flour ⅓ cup, or plain flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 70 g coconut oil melted and cooled, ⅓ cup
- 60 g 70% cocoa chocolate roughly chopped, melted and cooled, 2 ¼ oz
- 3 egg whites lightly whisked
- 1 tsp rosewater
- ½ cup raspberries thawed if using frozen
- Preheat the oven to 180 celsius (350 fahrenheit) and lightly grease a 6 cavity silicone mini loaf tray.
- Place the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the coconut oil, chocolate, rosewater and egg whites and stir until well combined. Finally add the raspberries and fold through the mixture. You might also like to reserve a few to stud the top of the friands.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out cleanly. Turn out onto a wire wrack to cool slightly. Serve warm.