These intensely chocolatey raspberry friands are sure to brighten even the dullest day. Studded with tart raspberries with the slightest whisper of rosewater they are the ultimate treat that takes only a few minutes to whip together! Chocolate and I have long been friends. As far as I'm concerned there is no greater indulgence than a cup of tea and a couple of squares of really good quality 70% cocoa chocolate. French champagne comes a close second, and while I'd love to be able to indulge in it every day, I don't think my liver, or my bank account would allow me. These gorgeous little mini loaf friands are for those days when you need a little extra cheer. Best eaten slightly warm, they are intensely chocolatey, studded with the tartness of raspberries and the slightest whisper of rosewater. Heaven!
More Raspberry Desserts
- Raspberry Bread
- Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
- Apple and Raspberry Crumble
- White Chocolate Mud Cupcakes with Raspberry Curd & White Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate Raspberry Friands with Rosewater
Makes 6 generous loaf shaped friands.Print Pin Save Saved!
- 85 g icing sugar ⅔ cup
- 10 g cocoa powder 1tbs plus 1 tsp
- 50 g almond meal ½ cup
- 40 g wholemeal spelt flour ⅓ cup, or plain flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 70 g coconut oil melted and cooled, ⅓ cup
- 60 g 70% cocoa chocolate roughly chopped, melted and cooled, 2 ¼ oz
- 3 egg whites lightly whisked
- 1 tsp rosewater
- ½ cup raspberries thawed if using frozen
- Preheat the oven to 180 celsius (350 fahrenheit) and lightly grease a 6 cavity silicone mini loaf tray.
- Place the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the coconut oil, chocolate, rosewater and egg whites and stir until well combined. Finally add the raspberries and fold through the mixture. You might also like to reserve a few to stud the top of the friands.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out cleanly. Turn out onto a wire wrack to cool slightly. Serve warm.
Calories: 269kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 6gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 11gSodium: 124mgPotassium: 217mgFiber: 6gSugar: 14gVitamin C: 2.6mgCalcium: 35mgIron: 2.3mg
Shop our Cookbooks!Check out our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks for more tasty meatless recipe ideas.
Delicious and refined! A wonderful afternoon treat.