Have you tried these peanut butter banana cookies yet? They are a soft and fluffy peanut butter and banana cookie that is perfect for ripe bananas. The ultimate cookie recipe for peanut butter lovers.
These peanut butter and banana cookies are perfect for bake sales, parties, and more. It is vegan friendly, no eggs, or dairy needed. Just swap the butter with vegan butter in the recipe.
These Peanut Butter Banana Cookies Are...
- Made from scratch
- Vegan Friendly (use vegan butter)
- Easy to Make
- Freezer Friendly Cookies
- Great ripe banana recipe
How to Make Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
Full steps and directions for this cookie recipe are at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk through on how to make these peanut butter and banana cookies.
- Preheat the oven and prep your cookie sheets and set aside.
- In a small bowl add in your dry ingredients and set aside.
- Then in a bowl cream your peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together. You want it to become light and fluffy.
- Add in the bananas and vanilla.
- Then slowly incorporate the dry ingredients. Mixing to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Next drop cookies baking sheet and use a fork to press down the centers.
- Bake as directed, and allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then transfer to cooling rack.
Helpful Tips For Making Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
Silicone Baking Mats
I love using silicone baking mats or parchment paper for lining our baking sheets. This creates a non-stick surface so no cookies get stuck on the pan. And the cleanup is a breeze. If you do buy the mats they are washable and re-useable.
I recommend using a cookie scoop so all the cookies are the same size. This ensures all the cookies cook evenly and you don't run the risk of the cookies being slightly over cooked or under cooked.
Texture of the Dough
If your cookie dough is too wet, you can add a tablespoon or two extra of the flour. Depending on the size of your bananas you might need to alter the dough slightly.
Variations to Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
Roll In Sugar
You can roll your cookies in granulated sugar and then place on the baking sheet and press your fork on top to create the indents. Then bake the same. The extra sugar will elevate the sweetness.
Dip in Chocolate
You can dip half the cookie in melted chocolate or even drizzle with some chocolate to bring another layer of flavor into the cookies.
Peanut Butter Banana Cookies FAQs
Can I use frozen bananas for this cookie?
You can use fresh or frozen mashed bananas. Just thaw your frozen bananas first that way they incorporate nicely into the cookie dough.
How to store cookies?
Feel free to store your cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Or you can store the cookies in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Do these peanut butter cookies freeze?
Yes, these cookies are freezer friendly. Simply let the cookies cool completely then place in a freezer bag or airtight container. The cookies will freeze for 2-3 months. Thaw on the counter or in the fridge.
Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F, line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar
- Mix until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the mashed banana and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and stir to combine
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheet, press down with a fork if desired
- Bake in the preheated oven 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges
- Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely
- Fresh or thawed mashed banana will work fine
- The riper the banana the better so the banana flavor will be strong enough
- If the dough is too wet (depending on the size of the banana) you can add a tablespoon or so extra flour