You only need 3 ingredients to make this homemade Pistachio Butter. We all know and love nut butters, so why not give this pistachio butter recipe a try today? This recipe is crazy simple to make and bursting with creamy nutty flavor!
Serve this Pistachio Butter on toast, on muffins, or even swirled in baked goods. The possibilities are endless when it comes to this nut butter!
This Pistachio Butter recipe is...
- Made with 3 ingredients
- 5 minute cook time
How to Make Pistachio Butter
- Preheat your oven, then spread the nuts out over a baking sheet.
- Bake as directed, and then allow nuts to cool.
- Place roasted nuts in a food processor, add oil and salt, and blend.
- Once butter is ready, store in a sealed container.
Tips and Tricks for Pistachio Butter
When you go to roast your nuts in the oven, make sure the nuts are laid out in a single layer. If your nuts are clumped or stacked, they will not roast evenly.
A food processor is the best tool for making Pistachio Butter. You might be able to use a blender, but it needs to be high powered or it won't cream and blend your butter the way you want.
If you find nuts are getting on the sides of your processor, scrape them down with a spatula. You want all of the mixture to get nice and creamy!
Variations to Pistachio Butter
To make raw pistachio butter, skip the roasting step. This will change the flavor a bit, but you can try both raw and roasted to see what flavor you prefer. As a bonus, roasted nuts will blend more easily in your food processor or blender.
You will want to start with just a tablespoon of oil. Then if you want more, you can add more oil to the mixture. Adjusting the amount of oil will control how thick or thin your butter is.
Pistachio Butter FAQs
How should I store homemade nut butter?
Store your nut butter in a sealed jar or container. You need to keep it in the fridge or it will spoil. The butter will last for up to 1 month when stored properly in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze leftover nut butter?
Yes, this nut butter can freeze for up to 3 months. Just leave room at the top of the container as the butter may expand slightly as it freezes.
When you are ready to eat the butter again, just place it in the fridge the night before to thaw.
If you love vegan cooking, make sure you grab a copy of my free vegan cheat sheet while you’re here. It’s packed with all my favorite plant-based substitutions to help you vegan-ize any recipe!
- Preheat oven to 375°F, spread pistachios out on a baking sheet, and roast for 8–10 minutes.
- Allow nuts to cool, then place into a food processor along with oil and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Start with 1 tablespoon of oil and add more as needed, processing until you get the desired consistency. I like mine very smooth!
- Once smooth, use a spatula to transfer butter to a storage or serving container.
- The recipe calls for 2 cups of pistachios—this measurement comes AFTER the pistachios have been shelled. You can also use pre-shelled nuts.
- You can skip the roasting and make this pistachio butter with raw nuts, but the roasting gives the nut butter a nice flavor.
- This recipe works best when using a food processor. You may need to stop and scrape the sides many times if you are using a blender.
- This pistachio butter is delicious as a spread on toast, as a replacement for peanut butter, or mixed into baked goods.
- Store this butter in the fridge for up to a month, or freeze for up to 3 months.