This creamy pumpkin risotto is simmered in vegetable broth, white wine, and delicious fresh herbs. It's the ultimate comfort food, and you won't believe how easy it is to pull together. And it's 100% vegetarian friendly too.
Sometimes, as a food blogger, you have to make difficult choices.
Do I eat the delicious dish I cooked straight away, while it's at it's best, knowing that if I don't take a photo immediately then the food won't photograph as well later?
For me, the decision is always to enjoy food. So sorry about that. 😉
Risotto is one of those foods that is best eaten immediately otherwise the liquid starts to be absorbed by the rice grains.
So while this Pumpkin and Baby Spinach risotto may not look as good as it did when it was first cooked, it still tastes absolutely amazing.
Risottos are one of my favorite dishes to make. And while making a risotto sounds like an arduous task, with all the stirring and standing over the stove top while it cooks, if you use a rice cooker or pressure cooker, the task is a whole lot simpler.
In fact, with a pressure cooker this Pumpkin and Baby Spinach risotto can be made quickly, making it a great weeknight meal. (Grab some more vegetarian instant pot recipes here.)
And if you can't get enough pumpkin - make sure to check out this pumpkin gnocchi recipe. It's vegan friendly too!
Dinner can be on the table in under 30 minutes, from start to finish! Get ideas for more more easy plant-based dinners here.
Pumpkin and Baby Spinach Risotto
- Turn on the pressure cooker and set it to brown mode and add the olive oil, garlic, celery and onion. Cook the onion until is translucent.
- Add the pumpkin and cook until the pumpkin and until it starts to brown.
- Add the rice and stir to coat with the oil and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook, stirring constantly until the wine is absorbed.
- Add the vegetable stock and stir well before switching your pressure cooker into pressure cooker mode and use the Low Pressure setting and set the time for 6 minutes and close the lid.
- When the time is up open the lid and add the baby spinach and parmesan and stir to combine. Serve topped with additional parmesan.