Dress up your breakfast with these easy strawberry waffles. They are a cream cheese waffle that is studded with strawberries in each bite. Crispy outside with a fluffy waffle center. Don't buy frozen and learn how to make homemade in no time.
Top your waffles with this strawberry chia jam for another way to elevate your waffles. You could also use this recipe to go with a waffle bar for a perfect breakfast for a crowd or brunch. Pair your waffles with these other vegan breakfast ideas.
These Strawberry Waffles Are...
- Made from Scratch
- Made with Real Strawberries
- Freezer Friendly
- Fluffy and Light
How to Make Strawberry Waffles Recipe
Full directions on how to make strawberry waffles are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk through.
- Add all your ingredients but the berries in a bowl. Mix well until smooth.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Now heat up your waffle maker as directed on the instructions.
- Pour batter into the waffle maker and cook for a few minutes until fully cooked.
- Flip the waffle part way through, and then once cooked remove.
- Repeat until all the strawberry waffles are cooked.
- Top with syrup, fresh berries, or whipped cream.
Helpful Tips for Making Strawberry Waffles
Depending on the size of your waffle maker the cook time will vary. I used a mini waffle maker but you can use any size of waffle maker.
Make sure that you use softened cream cheese and mix up the batter well till there are no lumps. If the cream cheese is not softened it will clump.
Variations to Strawberry Waffles
Lemon Zest and Juice
Add in a tablespoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon of lemon zest to the waffle batter. This will compliment the strawberries quite well.
Instead of maple syrup you can use honey to sweeten the waffles. You could also use agave instead of honey if you want.
Swap out the strawberries with other fruit. Sliced bananas, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and the list goes on. Feel free to use what you want.
Add in some chocolate chips along with the strawberries if you would like. White chocolate, milk chocolate, or even semi-sweet chocolate. Use ⅓ cup or ½ cup of chocolate chips in the waffle batter.
Strawberry Waffle FAQs
How to know when a waffle is ready?
Depending on the user manual you will cook your waffles for around 3-5 minutes. You will get a nice crust on the outside while the waffle stays soft in the center.
How to keep waffles warm during cooking more?
You will find that if you preheat your oven to 200 degrees you can place your waffles in a single layer on a baking sheet. Then keep in the oven as you cook your waffles.
Can you freeze waffles?
Yes, you can freeze waffles. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Then freeze for an hour. Once it is frozen then place in a freezer bag or airtight freezer container. The waffles can freeze for 2-3 months. Then thaw in the fridge overnight or heat it up straight from frozen.
- 4 oz. of Melted Cream Cheese
- 1 ½ cups Whole Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ¾ cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup optional, for sweeter waffles
- couple dashes of Salt
- 3 teaspoons Oil such as sunflower oil
- 1 cup Strawberries diced
- Cooking Spray
- Strawberries for topping
- Start by adding all your ingredients except your diced strawberries to your mixing bowl.
- Mix on high until smooth.
- Add one cup of strawberries, and fold into batter.
- Grease your waffle maker.
- Pour batter into your waffle maker.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top with chopped strawberries.
- Serve with syrup or whip cream and enjoy!
- I used a Dash mini waffle maker for this recipe, but you can also use a full-sized waffle maker if you prefer. It will make about 10-12 mini waffles or 5-6 full-sized waffles.
What Do You Think?