These Thai Noodles are brimming with fresh veggies and tossed in a creamy coconut-based red curry sauce, adding layers of rich and spicy flavor. It’s a cross between upscale cuisine and indulgent comfort food. And it’s 100% vegetarian, vegan, and super easy to make!
As you probably already know, I adore Thai food. It’s a love affair that started on my honeymoon in Chiang-Mai and Krabi, and has only grown as the years go by.
I love the blend of sweet and spicy flavors that are so characteristic of this cuisine.
The intense, complex flavors of the Thai red curry paste blends together with the creamy coconut milk–based sauce. And it sure makes my taste buds happy!
You can also easily find rice noodles in the Asian section of your grocery store. But in a pinch, you can substitute angel hair pasta or vermicelli for the rice noodles.
For more noodle ideas, check out all my favorite vegan pasta recipes here.
While you’re here, don’t forget to grab a free copy of my Top 15 Reader-Favorite Recipes! It’s loaded with delicious vegetarian-friendly recipes that are surefire crowd-pleasers.
Tips for Perfect Thai Red Curry Noodles
- You can use either ginger paste or fresh ginger. I like to use the paste because it lasts a long time in the fridge, and I find the flavor just as good as fresh. And of course, it’s easier than mincing ginger!
- Add the red curry paste to the sauce gradually, tasting as you go, and stopping when the curry is at just the right level of spice for you.
- Substitute a light variety of coconut milk for lighter dish.
- Experiment with any mix of veggies that are season in near you – just about anything goes with these Thai Noodles!
- If you’re feeling ambitious, try making your own homemade coconut milk!
- Try serving this with a tasty Thai Iced Tea for a really special treat.
For more easy and delicious vegan-friendly dinners, be sure to snag a copy of my free one-pot vegan recipes printable!
Vegetarian Thai Noodles in Red Curry Sauce
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil over high heat in a non-stick pan.
- Add bell peppers, onions, and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, and ginger paste. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, broth, and curry paste. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes, until slightly reduced. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss with the cooked noodles, and serve with a wedge of lime.