These Thai Peanut Noodles makes for a quick and easy weeknight meal. Perfectly cooked noodles are tossed in a simple homemade peanut sauce. You can get this dinner on the table in under 20 minutes. Who needs takeout?
Ever have those days when you just don't feel like cooking? Like at all.
Me too. And these Thai peanut noodles are the perfect solution.
This 20-minute meal is perfect for those busy days when you're on the verge of ordering take-out because everyone is starving and you ... just ... can't.
These Thai Peanut Noodles are:
- Faster than take out - I promise these noodles will be on the table in less than 20 minutes. And most of that time is just waiting for the water to boil!
- Crazy easy to make! In fact, you probably already have the ingredients at home and the only thing that needs to be cooked is the pasta.
- So incredibly delicious - The combination of the flavors in the peanut sauce richly coating the noodles -- so yummy!
- 100% vegetarian and vegan friendly
How to Make Thai Peanut Noodles
The first step is to cook the noodles! If you can boil water, you can handle this.
I used fettucine in this recipe, but you can use any noodle you prefer. Linguini works, as well as Asian-style noodles like rice noodles, glass noodles, Udon, Soba noodles or even Lo Mein.
Simply cook the noodles in a large pot of salted water according to package directions.
Next, comes the Thai Peanut Sauce!
While the noodles are boiling, you can mix up your sauce.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter (softened in the microwave), soy sauce, maple syrup, lemon juice, water, garlic, and ginger and whisk or blend until smooth.
Dilute the sauce with a bit of hot water, one tablespoon at a time, until it reaches the perfect consistency.
In a large bowl, combined the cooked noodles and the peanut sauce.
Toss them together until the noodles are well coated in sauce.
Transfer the Thai Peanut Noodles to serving dishes - and dig in!
Tips for Serving Thai Peanut Noodles
You can serve these Thai peanut noodles warm, cold or at room temperature -- either way they will taste great!
In the summer, I love it as a cold noodle dish. But nothing beats warm peanut noodles for dinner on a chilly evening.
If you want to take things up a notch, you can sprinkle some chopped peanuts, black sesame seeds, scallions, or fresh herbs over your Thai Peanut Noodles.
If you like a little more crunch in your Thai Peanut Noodles, add some colorful veggies! You can stir fry some red and yellow peppers, sugar snap peas, thinly sliced carrots or steamed broccoli.
For some vegan-friendly protein, add in some fried tofu or tempeh.
You can even make the Thai Peanut sauce a few days ahead and store it in the fridge - making this a great vegan meal prep recipe.
And if you're an instant pot fan, be sure to check out these Instant Pot Thai Peanut Noodles too!
Easy Thai Peanut Noodles with Creamy Thai Peanut Sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and cook noodles according to package directions.
- Add the peanut butter to a large bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until melted.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Add hot water, one tablespoon a time, to thin the sauce to the desired consistency.
- Toss the noodles with the sauce and serve.