These vegan scrambled eggs are a great choice for the most important meal of the day! They’re super simple to make but packed with rich, savory flavors. And since they're made from chickpea flour, they're packed with protein too.
This egg-less recipe is both quick and nutritious.
If you have a big day ahead of you and need a hearty vegan breakfast, these vegan scrambled eggs are sure to hit the spot.
These "eggs" are made with protein-rich chickpea flour that’ll give you all the energy you need!
This vegan scrambled eggs recipe is:
- ready in 20 minutes
- a quick breakfast
How to Make Vegan Scrambled Eggs
- Whisk together the chickpea flour, water, turmeric, cumin, pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Add oil, onion, garlic, bell pepper, and herbs to a non-stick frying pan and sauté.
- Add the spinach and stir well.
- Pour the chickpea mixture (egg substitute) over the veggies and cook until it firms like a pancake.
- Use a wooden spoon to break it up and scramble.
- Keep flipping the mix until everything is cooked.
- You can make it crispier by cooking it for longer.
Scroll down for the full recipe with measurements and detailed instructions.
Tips & Tricks
Saving It For Later
If you have leftovers, it’s okay! You can store these vegan scrambled eggs for up to three days in the fridge.
Though it may not be a super common ingredient in your kitchen, but chickpea flour can be really versatile.
You can substitute it for regular flour in many recipes for a gluten-free option. Just make sure that you look up how much to substitute because chickpea flour absorbs liquids differently than other flours.
I use it to make my famous Burmese Chickpea Tofu!
It’s high in protein, iron, and fiber, and it can be used to make breads or thicken soups and sauces.
If you can’t find it in the baking aisle at the grocery store, try looking at the international foods section. I typically use this one from Amazon.
If you're really ambitious, you can even make your own.
Make a Vegan Breakfast Egg Burrito
For something a bit heartier, try stuffing these vegan eggs into a tortilla or sandwich wrap for a delicious breakfast burrito.
Use An Egg Substitute
If you love the idea of vegan scrambed eggs, but aren't up for trying this chickpea flour version, you can try another egg substitute.
You can buy vegan eggs made from mung beans, which have a nice consistency when cooked, or try using silken tofu. When you add the turmeric, it’ll add that beautiful yellow color.
Mix up the Veggies
Try making these eggless scrambled eggs with your own favorite veggies. Mushrooms, bell peppers, and red onion would all be delicious.
Want a Mediterranean twist? Add sun dried tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, and kalamata olives.
Not a spinach fan? Try kale instead.
Or top your vegan scrambled eggs with a few sliced of broiled tomatoes, drizzled in olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
The combinations are endless!
Some Like It Hot
If you love a little spice, you might top your dish with hot sauce or add sliced jalapenos on the side.
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes
If you love these eggless eggs, be sure to check out these other delicious vegan breakfast recipes:
Vegan Scrambled Eggs
- Add chickpea flour, water, turmeric, cumin, pepper and salt in a medium bowl and whisk everything together. Set aside.
- Place a non stick frying pan on the heat, add oil and sauté onion, garlic, bell pepper and herbs.
- Add spinach and stir well.
- Pour chickpea mixture over the veggies and cook until the mixture begins to become firm, like a pancake. Then use a wooden spoon to break up the mixture and scramble.
- Flip the mix until the whole scramble is cooked. You can cook it longer if you want them with a crispier texture.